The Student Room Group

Tiffin Boys sixth form interview

How anyone received confirmation emails regarding the interviews for tiffin boys sixth form?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alex Guo
How anyone received confirmation emails regarding the interviews for tiffin boys sixth form?

Nope, have you?
Original post by Anee_rk
Nope, have you?

No
Reply 3
Original post by Alex Guo

I haven’t either
Reply 4
i haven't got it but some people at my school have
Reply 5
Original post by Anee_rk
i haven't got it but some people at my school have

Any idea what their predictions were?
What were everyone’s average grade from predictions?

(Top 8 subjects)
Reply 7
I haven't either - my average is 8.125 for my best 8
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Abzdot
Any idea what their predictions were?

I would say mostly 9s. However their sixth form choices were courses that probably wouldn't be highly suscribed compared to maths or science.
Still no email of confirmation
Reply 10
anyone got anything?
Original post by mae0585
anyone got anything?

Unfortunately,I’ve heard that tiffin is now finalising the remaining applicants that are going to be invited therefore it’s unlikely for us to be selected.
Reply 12
Original post by The A.G
Unfortunately,I’ve heard that tiffin is now finalising the remaining applicants that are going to be invited therefore it’s unlikely for us to be selected.

yea that sounds about right, I haven't gotten anything either. I looked at previous years of Tiffin threads from applicants and right now is the time that they make their interviews
To be honest, I never really hoped to get an interview from Tiffins since some of my teachers gave me some low predicted grades (8.25 is my average predicted) so I’ll email my GCSE results on the day as they always have at least 10 additional spots from people not meeting their conditional offers.
Reply 14
Original post by The A.G
To be honest, I never really hoped to get an interview from Tiffins since some of my teachers gave me some low predicted grades (8.25 is my average predicted) so I’ll email my GCSE results on the day as they always have at least 10 additional spots from people not meeting their conditional offers.

don't mean to be a boomer, but I have also searched up (On TSR) that someone applied and was put on a waiting list. If you got an email in January about the confirmation they had around 1000 applicants and all schools over subscribe the courses so they'll fill up and if there too many people that get in, then they choose the best student and who lives closer.
Original post by mae0585
anyone got anything?

I went to the interviews and got a conditional offer.
Original post by alexandraeylul
I went to the interviews and got a conditional offer.

What was your average predicted grade?
Original post by The A.G
What was your average predicted grade?

8s and 9s except English Lit. however I want study chem maths bio and art also im an EAL student so i think English Lit. didnt really have an effect on their decision. My average is an 8.
8s and 9s except English Lit. however I want study chem maths bio and art also im an EAL student so i think English Lit. didnt really have an effect on their decision. My average is an 8.

they also pay a lot of attention on your personal statement and reference letter. I am headgirl in my school and they asked me a lot of questions about my role etc.
they also pay a lot of attention on your personal statement and reference letter. I am headgirl in my school and they asked me a lot of questions about my role etc.

I guess it must have been my reference letter and personal statement that let me down since at the time I wasn’t exactly serious in applying for tiffins thus I didn’t answer the questions about hobbies and ext to the best of my ability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending