The Student Room Group

Pqip assessment centre 2020

Hi ,

Could anyone that has already been to a previous assessment centre for trainee probation officer ,give me an idea about what sort of behavioural questions they ask in the one to one interview please ? Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone else on for assessment day 4th March in London 'Novotel'?
Reply 2
I am there today for my assessment and hoping my prep has been sufficient
Reply 3
Original post by KRS72
I am there today for my assessment and hoping my prep has been sufficient

How did it go???!
Reply 4
Original post by Crimzm
How did it go???!

It was a little full on. I think the PQiP link they send you gives everything you need. I think the top tips are to read the briefings and instructions carefully. The role plays are based on the behaviours criteria and the instructions. The interview is straightforward but make sure you have a few ideas of examples you can give or relate to, refresh your memory about your application form examples as they will help you. The written exercise again read the instructions carefully and answer the questions, also watch the clock as it can all go quickly. Most of all try and enjoy it, don't be perturbed by lack of feedback it's an assessment. Best of Luck.
Reply 5
Hey KRS72, thanks for this. It sounds like you were well prepared and undaunted by the assessment. Well done and best of luck. My assessment is on Friday. Did they ask you anything about the psychometric assessment report in the interview?
Reply 6
Original post by 119YRJ
Hey KRS72, thanks for this. It sounds like you were well prepared and undaunted by the assessment. Well done and best of luck. My assessment is on Friday. Did they ask you anything about the psychometric assessment report in the interview?

No nothing was said about the pre-tests or the actual application form. This is more of an assessment rather than the conventional interview style of talking about your application and history.
Reply 7
Original post by KRS72
No nothing was said about the pre-tests or the actual application form. This is more of an assessment rather than the conventional interview style of talking about your application and history.

Okay, thanks. That's helpful.
Original post by KRS72
It was a little full on. I think the PQiP link they send you gives everything you need. I think the top tips are to read the briefings and instructions carefully. The role plays are based on the behaviours criteria and the instructions. The interview is straightforward but make sure you have a few ideas of examples you can give or relate to, refresh your memory about your application form examples as they will help you. The written exercise again read the instructions carefully and answer the questions, also watch the clock as it can all go quickly. Most of all try and enjoy it, don't be perturbed by lack of feedback it's an assessment. Best of Luck.

Hi, good luck with your application! I was wondering what the written test and role play generally involve, is there anything you would recommend doing for preparation? Also, are these exercises group tasks or are they all individual?
Many thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by amypeck14
Hi, good luck with your application! I was wondering what the written test and role play generally involve, is there anything you would recommend doing for preparation? Also, are these exercises group tasks or are they all individual?
Many thanks!

All individual tasks. All the prep you need is on the weblink they send you.
So nervous -mines tomorrow!! The link is useful but overwhelming. How we are expected to remember all them things is beyond me. I'm going with little prep as I know it'll stress me out if i don't remember something I've pre-prepped.
Reply 11
Original post by Emilyb24
So nervous -mines tomorrow!! The link is useful but overwhelming. How we are expected to remember all them things is beyond me. I'm going with little prep as I know it'll stress me out if i don't remember something I've pre-prepped.

It's not about memorizing the behaviours but understanding what sort of behaviours they're looking for. The key is to read the instructions and expectations for each part you get 5 minutes prep before each activity. Good luck for your assessment
Original post by KRS72
It's not about memorizing the behaviours but understanding what sort of behaviours they're looking for. The key is to read the instructions and expectations for each part you get 5 minutes prep before each activity. Good luck for your assessment

Thanks. Yeah I know. It's very overwhelmkng to remember them all with preplanned answers and examples as well lol. I orginally started a strategic written plan of examples but I soon gave up because lets face it we don't know what they're actually going to say or ask us. I have plenty of examples and i remember the majority of behaviours they're looking for. even though I'll probably get there and forget everyhing - another reason I don't have a formal plan
Reply 13

Hope all went as well as you wished for today.
Original post by KRS72
Hope all went as well as you wished for today.

Thanks that's very kind of you. Now on way home. It's for sure intense. I had role play first so felt at ease after that was out the way. The 'actors' are soo good!!!
Reply 15
Thanks that's very kind of you. Now on way home. It's for sure intense. I had role play first so felt at ease after that was out the way. The 'actors' are soo good!!!

Glad you are positive coming out of it. Fingers crossed that you get accepted on the course. Think next couple of weeks is going to be a nervous wait for me. I also hope that if I am successful I get into one of my first two choices. Hope the outcome is good for you too.
Original post by KRS72
Glad you are positive coming out of it. Fingers crossed that you get accepted on the course. Think next couple of weeks is going to be a nervous wait for me. I also hope that if I am successful I get into one of my first two choices. Hope the outcome is good for you too.

Im not sure if you're watching tje other forum. More has been said on that one "Probation Officer 2020" and it is a more active chat.

I thought you had already had yours. Its so hard to keep track of who's who when its not actual names, sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Fingers crossed. When is yours? What LDU have yoj applied for? I'm south and eastern!

It is intense but just be yourself. Ofcourse when you leave yoi think of 101 things you could have said. My biggest advice is have examples but not too structured because a) you dont know what they will ask and b) everything you need is provided on the day prior to each task.

P.S: learn how to read fast - you only have 5 mins before each one to prep.

And most importantly be confident even if you're not!!
Ahh i just looked. You have had yours. Thought I was going crazy lol.

How you feeling about yours?

We will probably find out at similar times as you sat yours monday and i sat mine today.

Fingers crossed for us both. Lets hope within 15 days we have good news 🤞
Reply 18
Im not sure if you're watching tje other forum. More has been said on that one "Probation Officer 2020" and it is a more active chat.

I thought you had already had yours. Its so hard to keep track of who's who when its not actual names, sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Fingers crossed. When is yours? What LDU have yoj applied for? I'm south and eastern!

It is intense but just be yourself. Ofcourse when you leave yoi think of 101 things you could have said. My biggest advice is have examples but not too structured because a) you dont know what they will ask and b) everything you need is provided on the day prior to each task.

P.S: learn how to read fast - you only have 5 mins before each one to prep.

And most importantly be confident even if you're not!!

Thanks had mine Monday the 2 week wait for outcome is going to be nail biting. I applied for Suffolk and Norfolk, North and East Essex, cambridge and Peterborough. What will be will be. Thanks for the heads up on the other thread will have a look.
Eek. One of mines Peterborough. Yours are very widespread lol. Never know we might end up in peterborough together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending