The Student Room Group

Toyota aygo fuel cap

I’ve just bought my first car and it’s a Toyota aygo and I’ve tried to unlock the fuel cap but I didn’t realise it had to be done with a key so I did it by hand before I realised and now it won’t unlock with the key, does anyone know if it’ll need repairing and how much roughly or anyone knows of a solution?
Is yours like this?

Reply 2
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Is yours like this?

No it’s not but thank you anyway! I’ve solved it now 😂
Reply 3
Original post by SkyeJones_
No it’s not but thank you anyway! I’ve solved it now 😂

Would you mind telling everybody how you solved the problem so when people search for this thread in the future they have the solution?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Would you mind telling everybody how you solved the problem so when people search for this thread in the future they have the solution?

Yeah of course, I actually googled it so I’ll post the picture of it.

EFADEBA6-F975-468C-81C3-FA6CF77BD576.png
Oh the key ones, I hate those, I once spent half an hour at a petrol station trying to lock the fuel cap on the fiat 500 I was driving at the time lol.

I'm very glad that my current car doesn't have one, it's a weird one that unlocks with the central locking or something, so you can just twist it off.
Reply 6
The key won't turn at all in mine. I think I may have got it cross threaded last time I filled the car (in March!) Any suggestions welcome.
Reply 7
Original post by LTEcactus
Oh the key ones, I hate those, I once spent half an hour at a petrol station trying to lock the fuel cap on the fiat 500 I was driving at the time lol.

I'm very glad that my current car doesn't have one, it's a weird one that unlocks with the central locking or something, so you can just twist it off.

Fiat 500 fuel caps are bad as far as key-type fuel caps go. When I worked for a rental company I had to show hirers how to do the fuel caps on 500s and they still managed to do it wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending