The Student Room Group

Probation Officer 2020

Scroll to see replies

Gutted I wasn’t successful!! Do you guys have relevant experience/ degrees in criminology? x
Reply 81
Original post by nicolafxx
Gutted I wasn’t successful!! Do you guys have relevant experience/ degrees in criminology? x

When did you find out?
No, mines in Business from about 15 years ago!
Literally an hour ago!

I’m so gutted 😭

Oh no, sorry to hear that.

How did you feel the assessment centre went?

I’ve got no experience whatsoever :/ so dreading any questions!

Oh no. Sorry to hear this. When was your assessment day? You found out very quick?

Don't let it put you off reapplying. Now atleast you know what to expect from the assessment centre next time x

Hi. Do you mean progressing to assessment centre ? I don’t have a degree in criminology my qualification is midwifery . Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful keep trying x
Original post by Emilyb24
Aww thanks. Good luck to everyone. Mine's wednesday. Im so nervous I'm already not sleeping properly lol. When's yours?

Good luck today!
Thanks so much! I will post tonight of how I think it went and what it entailed to give some of you the heads up. We're in this altogether👍
Thanks so much! I will post tonight of how I think it went and what it entailed to give some of you the heads up. We're in this altogether👍

That’s nice of you ,and I thought of doing the same ,however then I thought I could be giving a candidate I’m competing against an advantage and I thought no way 🤣😂. I went in with no heads up , it’s all in the literature and it’s not as bad as you expect 😊
Haha good point & they swear you to secrecy about what it entails to not give anyone an advantage! Your message the other day summed it up perfectly. The role play is fun - just be yourself. Interview was easiest. & written task you don't quite have long enough.
It's for sure intense though! But that's the whole point. Best advise - be yourselves.
Original post by Daniella**
That’s nice of you ,and I thought of doing the same ,however then I thought I could be giving a candidate I’m competing against an advantage and I thought no way 🤣😂. I went in with no heads up , it’s all in the literature and it’s not as bad as you expect 😊

What area have you applied for? Fingers crossed for you as well now we're both just waiting for feedback amd results. Keep me posted. Good luck - we've done the hardest part!
What area have you applied for? Fingers crossed for you as well now we're both just waiting for feedback amd results. Keep me posted. Good luck - we've done the hardest part!

So is isn’t it . Not enough time at all . I’m southwest , went to London for assessment. Will do best of luck to you , fingers crossed x
Which LDU's did you pick? Im south east - peterborough and northampton.

Hoping we won't have to wait 15 days but if we do we do. Aslong as it's worth the wait 🤣😂
Which LDU's did you pick? Im south east - peterborough and northampton.

Hoping we won't have to wait 15 days but if we do we do. Aslong as it's worth the wait 🤣😂

Hopefully won’t wait full 15 days . Portsmouth Southampton areas . Best of luck
I really hope not. Now I've de-stressed and am home and reflecting. I've came to the conclusion overall it was the best experience!! If only I could do it again now I know what its actually like and won't be caught off guard! But generally I really enjoyed it. Whether I'm successful or not ill always remember it and have learned so much from it! Although it has made me wanna be a probation officer even more lol. The anticipation of waiting for a decision is gonna kill me🙊
Haha good point & they swear you to secrecy about what it entails to not give anyone an advantage! Your message the other day summed it up perfectly. The role play is fun - just be yourself. Interview was easiest. & written task you don't quite have long enough.
It's for sure intense though! But that's the whole point. Best advise - be yourselves.

Glad you thought the role play was fun that’s what I’ve been most worried about!
So was I. Nowhere near as bad as you think. Be yourself. You'll be fine honestly. All the information is given to you prior.

Someone made a comment before about the lack of feedback and that's true. You don't get any. Because that's why you wait for a decision afterwards. However you are given clear instructions for each activity so don't worry.
So was I. Nowhere near as bad as you think. Be yourself. You'll be fine honestly. All the information is given to you prior.

Someone made a comment before about the lack of feedback and that's true. You don't get any. Because that's why you wait for a decision afterwards. However you are given clear instructions for each activity so don't worry.

That’s so reassuring thank you! Did you have two role plays?
Original post by geejay01
That’s so reassuring thank you! Did you have two role plays?

Yes. It tells you everything on the link. Two 10 minutes each
I really hope not. Now I've de-stressed and am home and reflecting. I've came to the conclusion overall it was the best experience!! If only I could do it again now I know what its actually like and won't be caught off guard! But generally I really enjoyed it. Whether I'm successful or not ill always remember it and have learned so much from it! Although it has made me wanna be a probation officer even more lol. The anticipation of waiting for a decision is gonna kill me🙊

I’d agree that some parts of the day were enjoyable and I also enjoyed the role play and interview .some aspects I felt I performed really well , and others did like to do again 😂 I had a wobble in the written though and thought , if I don’t start writing soon I’m not going to have anything to hand in ( think I was reading and digesting it all do about 25 mins , which didn’t leave a lot of time at all 😬) what will be will be and as you say , it was a great experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending