The Student Room Group

Can I get into McGill with these grades?

I recently applied to McGill but I feel very pessimistic about my chances of getting an offer. I have 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a C at O level (pretty average) and bbbb at AS level in Maths, and the sciences. I applied for Physics. Since McGill didn't ask for any extracurriculars it all depends on the grades.. so do I stand a chance?
Reply 1
Hi!:smile:

I'm sure you will be able to - they are pretty good grades.
Have you sent off your application yet/ heard back from them?

I have also applied for McGill but for Liberal Arts (hoping to study History of Art and Italian) so quite different from you haha!

Where do you come from? I'm an applicant from York, UK and don't know any other British applicants. I went over to visit McGill in October and attended one of their Open House Days. They are really informative and if you want info about applying there and grades it might be useful to visit, or email some of the staff/application team with questions.

Which other universities are you applying to? I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter and the Courtauld Institute (in addition to McGill).

Lily
Reply 2
Original post by lilyindira
Hi!:smile:

I'm sure you will be able to - they are pretty good grades.
Have you sent off your application yet/ heard back from them?

I have also applied for McGill but for Liberal Arts (hoping to study History of Art and Italian) so quite different from you haha!

Where do you come from? I'm an applicant from York, UK and don't know any other British applicants. I went over to visit McGill in October and attended one of their Open House Days. They are really informative and if you want info about applying there and grades it might be useful to visit, or email some of the staff/application team with questions.

Which other universities are you applying to? I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter and the Courtauld Institute (in addition to McGill).

Lily

Thank you, I hope they at least give me a conditional offer..
And I applied a week ago and haven't heard back yet. They start sending offers in December, I think.

I am from Pakistan.

I have just applied to a couple of more unis, University of Victoria (Canada) and University of Groningen (Netherlands).

I hope you get into McGill and everywhere else you've applied! Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Somaiyah
And I applied a week ago and haven't heard back yet. They start sending offers in December, I think.

I am from Pakistan.

I have just applied to a couple of more unis, University of Victoria (Canada) and University of Groningen (Netherlands).

Yeah I think offers start coming through from December until March, so I'm assuming that I'll hear back sometime in the new year.

Are you taking your A2 exams this coming summer?

Good luck with your applications to McGill & your other universities too! Let me know when you hear back from McGill:smile:
Reply 4
Hello can someone tell me how to put my IGCSE scores on the admission application since McGill has only asked me for my As And A Level grades which I haven’t gotten a degree for
Original post by ATS01
Hello can someone tell me how to put my IGCSE scores on the admission application since McGill has only asked me for my As And A Level grades which I haven’t gotten a degree for

I’m pretty sure you have to scan them in in your portal, that’s what I did
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ATS01

Heyyy I'm applying to McGill tooo!!! What are you applying for ?
Reply 7
Original post by Somaiyah

I am from Pakistan.

Hi I'm from Pakistan and I've applied to Groningen and Mcgill as well!!
I think your O Level grades are actually really good and as long as you have a few A's in your predicted grades for A2 you have a great chance of getting in don't worry!
Original post by amnank
Hi I'm from Pakistan and I've applied to Groningen and Mcgill as well!!
I think your O Level grades are actually really good and as long as you have a few A's in your predicted grades for A2 you have a great chance of getting in don't worry!

Hi there,

I have applied to Mcgill as well for the upcoming batch ! I'm from Pakistan as well however I stay in Dubai.
Reply 9
Original post by Omarasimd005
Hi there,

I have applied to Mcgill as well for the upcoming batch ! I'm from Pakistan as well however I stay in Dubai.

Hey I grew up in Dubai too! What school do you go to?
Original post by amnank
Hey I grew up in Dubai too! What school do you go to?

HI Amna,

Thats great !!! It is so nice to meet someone from Dubai always.

Cambridge Intl School Dubai, located at Al Garhoud opp festival city.

Hbu ?
HI Amna,

Hbu ?

Well I wasnt expecting that. I used to live opposite Cambridge Int as of last year, lived in 50 villas compound, but I've since moved to Cambridge UK instead :frown:
Original post by Harrywilliams
Well I wasnt expecting that. I used to live opposite Cambridge Int as of last year, lived in 50 villas compound, but I've since moved to Cambridge UK instead :frown:

Damn, really !! I'll be moving Pakistan as well this is why I would like to move somewhere else other than going back to Pakistan ! Great to meet you as well over here, I didn't even thought we'll meet over this forum.
Damn, really !! I'll be moving Pakistan as well this is why I would like to move somewhere else other than going back to Pakistan ! Great to meet you as well over here, I didn't even thought we'll meet over this forum.

Likewise, wasn't expecting that!
Reply 14
HI Amna,

Hbu ?

Nice, I know some people from there! I was in The Winchester School Jebel Ali, but i just moved this year to Oman sadly. Drop down your insta!
Original post by amnank
Nice, I know some people from there! I was in The Winchester School Jebel Ali, but i just moved this year to Oman sadly. Drop down your insta!

oh nice, I know people from there as well 😂! Damn ! Oh right, my fam was thinking the same to move there however I dont wanna leave Dubai 😂 ! Sure, it is omar.asim.37 ! Let's talk there 😊
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending