The Student Room Group

Landlord fixings

I was just wondering if it is alright to plug our electric toothbrushes into a shaver socket? Our landlord is refusing to fix the socket because they said it's our fault for plugging toothbrushes into it and so we'll have to pay them £72 or risk getting our deposit revoked.
Electric toothbrushes are designed to go in the shaver socket as they are lower voltage and safer when in the presence of water and moisture such as a bathroom.

Your landlord is being a ****. What is the problem with the socket?
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
Electric toothbrushes are designed to go in the shaver socket as they are lower voltage and safer when in the presence of water and moisture such as a bathroom.

Your landlord is being a ****. What is the problem with the socket?

Oh they definitely are, plug doesn't seem to be attached to the socket anymore
Original post by Anonymous
Oh they definitely are, plug doesn't seem to be attached to the socket anymore

Electrical issues especially in a bathroom need to be fixed with some urgency, raise it as a health and safety issue.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
Electrical issues especially in a bathroom need to be fixed with some urgency, raise it as a health and safety issue

Thank you for your help! I will try this but they've been quite difficult to deal with with other issues
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your help! I will try this but they've been quite difficult to deal with with other issues

That is landlords, if you need any other advice you know where to find me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending