The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Accommodation

Currently halls are sold out and I am on the waiting list for Glasshouse private accommodation.What should I do? I have an unconditional offer and so I am guaranteed accommodation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Charlotte2002
Currently halls are sold out and I am on the waiting list for Glasshouse private accommodation.What should I do? I have an unconditional offer and so I am guaranteed accommodation.

Stay in a hotel. That is literally what my cousin does. He's younger then me and only 19. He takes his laundry to a laundry place in town. He pays for a good 2 course meal at the hotel once a day and then buys the other two meals out.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Hey Charlotte!
Unilodgers has availability in The Glasshouse in Nottingham you're keen on booking. You'll just have to fill a simple form to put in your request to book and the student advisors will take care of the rest. Unilodgers also has a £100 voucher on this property. Here's the link: https://www.unilodgers.com/uk/nottingham/the-glasshouse

Let me know if you need any more help with this. I'll be happy to assist you. :smile:
Reply 3
I have literally had the same problem all the good halls have fully booked up so i put in a request for glasshouse. I am so worried that i wont get the same experience in terms of social life as other staying in halls but i heard theres not much we can do but maybe call up on results day and see if anyone has dropped out and there could be an available room
Original post by Hanahs
I have literally had the same problem all the good halls have fully booked up so i put in a request for glasshouse. I am so worried that i wont get the same experience in terms of social life as other staying in halls but i heard theres not much we can do but maybe call up on results day and see if anyone has dropped out and there could be an available room

No yeah same! Like I was so worried. But I've got accommodation in glasshouse too and apparently its the same as halls and we are still involved in freshers and stuff
Reply 5
No yeah same! Like I was so worried. But I've got accommodation in glasshouse too and apparently its the same as halls and we are still involved in freshers and stuff

I’ve booked for glasshouse too! So annoying I didn’t think they’d sell out that quickly, apparantly if you book through NTU they make sure you’re all first years so hopefully it’s still social? I’m going to keep trying for normal accommodation though
Reply 6
Original post by Rosiejp
I’ve booked for glasshouse too! So annoying I didn’t think they’d sell out that quickly, apparantly if you book through NTU they make sure you’re all first years so hopefully it’s still social? I’m going to keep trying for normal accommodation though

I’ve actually changed to goldsmith court as i saw loads of people saying they are staying there but im sure all the private ones near by would have loads of freshers as a lot of people have had the same problem
Reply 7
Original post by Hanahs
I’ve actually changed to goldsmith court as i saw loads of people saying they are staying there but im sure all the private ones near by would have loads of freshers as a lot of people have had the same problem

Are goldsmith court going to have freshers reps? I didn’t see it on ntu website and they guarantee freshers reps and all first years in your flat
By “Guaranteed accommodation” do mean you get a room in any accommodation??? Because I’m literally in the same situation
Reply 9
Original post by Sibilance
By “Guaranteed accommodation” do mean you get a room in any accommodation??? Because I’m literally in the same situation

I phoned up and asked because I didn’t know what to do and it just means your guaranteed university allocated accommodation but this includes the private ones listed on their website where the prices go up to £189 a week
Reply 10
Does anyone know about the available accommodation for the Clifton Campus? (New Hall & Peverell)
Haven't called them up yet to see since I still need to go to an open day, not feeling too hopeful reading this
Original post by Rosiejp
I phoned up and asked because I didn’t know what to do and it just means your guaranteed university allocated accommodation but this includes the private ones listed on their website where the prices go up to £189

Thanks I went to surrey apppicant day today & this girl said her friend has an unconditional offer aswell from NTU & I feel they’re just dishing out unconditional offers :frown: have you decided if you’re taking the unconditional offer?
Original post by Rosiejp
I phoned up and asked because I didn’t know what to do and it just means your guaranteed university allocated accommodation but this includes the private ones listed on their website where the prices go up to £189 a week

Just to confirm do you mean “but this doesn’t include” or it includes the private accommodation???? sorry for the extra questions
Original post by Sibilance
Just to confirm do you mean “but this doesn’t include” or it includes the private accommodation???? sorry for the extra questions

Ah sorry didn’t see this! Ntu was my first choice so I did the unconditional. And the private ones listed on their website count as ‘university allocated’ I went for one that wasn’t in the end I went for goldsmith court x
Reply 14
Original post by Rosiejp
Are goldsmith court going to have freshers reps? I didn’t see it on ntu website and they guarantee freshers reps and all first years in your flat

Yes i heard its heavily involved with freshers and that its just like the halls. Also its right on campus with the other halls so you would be around all the first years :smile:
Original post by Hanahs
Yes i heard its heavily involved with freshers and that its just like the halls. Also its right on campus with the other halls so you would be around all the first years :smile:

I looked at goldsmiths and I’ve switched to them too now! So excited :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Rosiejp
I looked at goldsmiths and I’ve switched to them too now! So excited :smile:

Really happy to hear that!! hope to see you there :smile:
Original post by Hanahs
Really happy to hear that!! hope to see you there :smile:

You too! Do you know your flat number ? x
Reply 18
Original post by Rosiejp
You too! Do you know your flat number ? x

Nope not yet theres a problem with my portal but they said it should be sorted out by next week:// do you know yours? X
Original post by Hanahs
Nope not yet theres a problem with my portal but they said it should be sorted out by next week:// do you know yours? X

Ah it said in my confirmation email I’m in flat 26 x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending