The Student Room Group

Good or bad idea ? Possibly his wife's phone number?

He swears he's not married. I Googled and found what i think is his address. I believe it's his address because he has horses and document online talks about that property and land for horses.

A separate link online shows a woman at his address with the same last name as him. I believe this is his wife ...her phone number was also on the link...

Should i randomly call the number and say im looking for him to gauge if she knows him?

I really don't wanna mess with a married man. If she's his wife I'll block his phone number...i won't tell her that he's been talking to me just badly wanna know if that's his wife

Is this a good or bad idea?
Tricky one. If you call her, it has potential to raise suspicions and cause marital problems. But if you don’t, he might actually be cheating on his wife with you- which no one wants. When she finds out later it would be worse. Whatever suspicions your call raises are all his fault. I’d call her.
It's a terrible idea.

If you don't trust him then you shouldn't pursue him. Don't look for evidence whether or not he's playing you - just cut him out of your life entirely and don't look back.
(edited 4 years ago)
Very, very, very, bad idea.
Reply 4
I called her. After i asked about him i didn't hear her reply the line broke off. Figured calling back is too much. So i questioned him instead. So Google link says she was at his address in 2017....

He kinda was emotional when i mentioned her and the address i found. He said that hes in a dark place and that messaging me helps him. He said he wants his privacy but he didn't confirm or deny her being his wife. He just said we need boundaries and he only wants friendship. ..though he told me last month he was into me...he says he needs me there only as a friend and he apologised for misleading me..

I don't know what to think of this... hes in a dark place yet he doesn't wanna share with me the full story
I say yes, cheaters should be exposed

If this was a cheating woman people wouldn't hesistate to tell you to tell her 'poor' husband. so likewise tell the poor wife what her husband is really like. dunno why everyone is saying no, i'm sure they'd want to know if it was their spouse... or is the world just full of cucks nowadays?
Original post by Anonymous
I called her. After i asked about him i didn't hear her reply the line broke off. Figured calling back is too much. So i questioned him instead. So Google link says she was at his address in 2017....

He kinda was emotional when i mentioned her and the address i found. He said that hes in a dark place and that messaging me helps him. He said he wants his privacy but he didn't confirm or deny her being his wife. He just said we need boundaries and he only wants friendship. ..though he told me last month he was into me...he says he needs me there only as a friend and he apologised for misleading me..

I don't know what to think of this... hes in a dark place yet he doesn't wanna share with me the full story

Walk away. He’s using you. He doesn’t want your friendship. And you know it.
End all contact -unless you want to get badly burned or named in his divorce.
The guy is dishonest, married and seems to be in the habit of playing women for fools.

Don't worry about him being lonely or miserable with only his wife for company.
On Ashley Madison, he will be able to find dozens of women willing to have an affair with him while he's wearing his wedding ring and living with his wife.
Reply 8
"Hi, sorry to randomly message you. I found your number on the website for a horse riding company.

I feel really distressed by something and i suspect you're the wife of the same man that is trying to date me.

Are you married to *** with a background in the nuclear industry and lives in Worcester?

A link i found online when i searched for his name showed your name plus your email too tied to his home address and i figured he has to be married and he's been lying to me since we started talking.

If all the above information is true. I'll help you catch this cheat in the act. But you shouldn't confront him yet if you're the person i think you are. We can work together to catch him cheating.

But sorry if you're totally not related to him in anyway and i got this all wrong. I just thought to try to do the right thing as im not remotely interested in married men. He said hes never been married or had children but i suspect it's all lies.

Feel free to not reply to this message if i got it all wrong(Google can be inaccurate). I wont contact you again and just did this for my peace of mind. Thank you."

I sent this on WhatsApp now then deleted it. Is this message too much? Im scared im right and it will hurt her. I don't know how to ask if she knows him
Original post by Anonymous
"Hi, sorry to randomly message you. I found your number on the website for a horse riding company.

I feel really distressed by something and i suspect you're the wife of the same man that is trying to date me.

Are you married to *** with a background in the nuclear industry and lives in Worcester?

A link i found online when i searched for his name showed your name plus your email too tied to his home address and i figured he has to be married and he's been lying to me since we started talking.

If all the above information is true. I'll help you catch this cheat in the act. But you shouldn't confront him yet if you're the person i think you are. We can work together to catch him cheating.

But sorry if you're totally not related to him in anyway and i got this all wrong. I just thought to try to do the right thing as im not remotely interested in married men. He said hes never been married or had children but i suspect it's all lies.

Feel free to not reply to this message if i got it all wrong(Google can be inaccurate). I wont contact you again and just did this for my peace of mind. Thank you."

I sent this on WhatsApp now then deleted it. Is this message too much? Im scared im right and it will hurt her. I don't know how to ask if she knows him

What is wrong with you?
If you suspect he’s married why would you want to be with him? And if it is his wife then you wouldn’t continue to see him would you. All you’re doing is causing trouble.
Forget him
Original post by Sammylou40
What is wrong with you?
If you suspect he’s married why would you want to be with him? And if it is his wife then you wouldn’t continue to see him would you. All you’re doing is causing trouble.
Forget him

I don't know she's his wife. What if it's just a family member. Niece or cousin or his brothers wife. Maybe they're even divorced now i don't know...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending