The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

UNI of Reading Physician Associate MPAS 2020

anyone applying for the PA course at university of reading or have applied?

Scroll to see replies

Hey. I'm thinking of applying. Have you yet?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi
No I’ve not applied yet but I’m considering
As theres only 2 PA undergrad course out there I wouldn’t know what other courses to pick (as u need to chose 5)
Have u done your personal statement tailored to PA or a different course ?
Hi,
It's great to hear that you are both thinking of applying for the Physician Associate course at Reading. If you have any questions about the course, please do ask!
Although it can be harder to write a personal statement that appeals to different courses, it is definitely possible. You might want to think about the themes that connect the PA course to any other courses that you are applying for. I could guess that these might include health/healthcare and working with people. You can then consider the skills that will be important for the types of industry that you will be considering and how these will benefit your studies. Perhaps talking in a slightly more general way, but so it applies to all the courses you are applying for.

Hope that helps!
Dan :smile:
Original post by UniofReading
Hi,
It's great to hear that you are both thinking of applying for the Physician Associate course at Reading. If you have any questions about the course, please do ask!
Although it can be harder to write a personal statement that appeals to different courses, it is definitely possible. You might want to think about the themes that connect the PA course to any other courses that you are applying for. I could guess that these might include health/healthcare and working with people. You can then consider the skills that will be important for the types of industry that you will be considering and how these will benefit your studies. Perhaps talking in a slightly more general way, but so it applies to all the courses you are applying for.

Hope that helps!

hi. I am thinking of applying for this course for the year 2021. I was wondering if this course was funded by student finance. I called student finance and it was not on their system
Original post by Studyyy11
anyone applying for the PA course at university of reading or have applied?

Hey, have you gotten a reply back from Reading, I applied few months ago and I got accepted 😊
Original post by Worthatry
Hey. I'm thinking of applying. Have you yet?

Hey did you apply. If so did you get a place?
Original post by prabhzeeee
hi. I am thinking of applying for this course for the year 2021. I was wondering if this course was funded by student finance. I called student finance and it was not on their system

Hi,
We've had this checked with our financial support team and they have said that this is an eligible course and funding is available via Student Finance England and the course code is: 869890.

If you have any more difficulties with this, please contact the University directly via the webform available here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx

Original post by Tenacity Deshad
Hey, have you gotten a reply back from Reading, I applied few months ago and I got accepted 😊

Hi
Yes I applied and got accepted a few months back
Have you attended the visit day for the PA course ?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Yes I applied and got accepted a few months back
Have you attended the visit day for the PA course ?

Yh I attended the visit day for the PA course and let me tell you, IT WAS SOOOO GOOD.
Yh I attended the visit day for the PA course and let me tell you, IT WAS SOOOO GOOD.

So pleased you enjoyed the course! Thats really great to hear! Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have relating to university life, Reading or Reading University! I am a current 3rd year student at the University of Reading and I am studying Speech and Langauge Therapy.

Good luck with your studies!

Ellen :smile:
Original post by UniofReading
Hi,
We've had this checked with our financial support team and they have said that this is an eligible course and funding is available via Student Finance England and the course code is: 869890.

If you have any more difficulties with this, please contact the University directly via the webform available here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/forms/crm/question.aspx

Hi. About the open day specifically for this course. When I try to book an open day and select the undergraduate, this course does not come up on your open day booking website.
hi everyone,

i am on last year of biomedical science and i have already applied for medicine but got one interview and eventually got rejected by all universities (even the one with interview). I really do enjoy working with people and also working as PA seems really attractive to me and feels like i can apply my scientific knowledge while having patient contact. i was wondering can i just use my medicine personal statement and change it a tiny bit and then use it for PA course? I think my personal statement is quite strong and the only reasons i was rejected is due to my low UCAT score.

thank you so much
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Oniknafs123
hi everyone,

i am on last year of biomedical science and i have already applied for medicine but got one interview and eventually got rejected by all universities (even the one with interview). I really do enjoy working with people and also working as PA seems really attractive to me and feels like i can apply my scientific knowledge while having patient contact. i was wondering can i just use my medicine personal statement and change it a tiny bit and then use it for PA course? I think my personal statement is quite strong and the only reasons i was rejected is due to my low UCAT score.

thank you so much

Yh you can change it a bit but make sure to state that you want to do the PA course and the reason u would like to do it, by knowing what it means
hi everyone,

thank you so much

Are you doing Biomedical Science degree or are you doing a Level 3 Biomed.
Are you doing Biomedical Science degree or are you doing a Level 3 Biomed.

thank you for your response. I'm doing biomedical science degree. I have done 1 shadowing week in hospital, part time care work in care home (paid work) for about two months and also i have been a part time volunteer for age uk for about two months too. my shadowing week in hospital was in elderly care ward, but i have not done any work experience in GP or in any other places. do you think my work experiences are enough to get a place?

Thanks again.
(edited 4 years ago)
thank you for your response. I'm doing biomedical science degree. I have done 1 shadowing week in hospital, part time care work in care home (paid work) for about two months and also i have been a part time volunteer for age uk for about two months too. my shadowing week in hospital was in elderly care ward, but i have not done any work experience in GP or in any other places. do you think my work experiences are enough to get a place?

Thanks again.

You should apply for the postgraduate Physician Associates and I think you have enough work experience for the course. Most of us here are apply for the undergraduate Physician Associate course. I’m in year 13 (college). Because u will have a degree you should apply for the Physician Associates Postgraduate course which will be only 2 years
You should apply for the postgraduate Physician Associates and I think you have enough work experience for the course. Most of us here are apply for the undergraduate Physician Associate course. I’m in year 13 (college). Because u will have a degree you should apply for the Physician Associates Postgraduate course which will be only 2 years

thank you for your response and good luck with your application:smile:
Reply 18
Hello,
I have applied for the Physician Associate course at the university of Reading and was called for an interview.
Is there any tips anyone can give to me to help me prepare for the interview?
Original post by debz99
Hello,
I have applied for the Physician Associate course at the university of Reading and was called for an interview.
Is there any tips anyone can give to me to help me prepare for the interview?

Hi, did you apply for undergraduate or postgraduate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending