The Student Room Group

Edge Hill A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Didn’t they say they’ll reply before 20 Feb during the briefing before interview ?Or did I just hear it wrong ahaha
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Idaaa1
Didn’t they say they’ll reply before 20 Feb during the briefing before interview ?Or did I just hear it wrong ahaha

I don’t remember them giving a specific date, that could just have been the day I went though.
Just got an email saying that we’ll hear the outcomes of our applications on or before 16 March
Reply 23
does anyone know how many interviews took place? im trying to work out my odds based on the fact that there are only 15 places
For A100 there are 30 places and sorry idk
Reply 25
Original post by annoymous_

And I think 15 of those are taken by those moving on from last year’s foundation year
Reply 26

15 are reserved for students from the foundation year. i guess they may still over-send offers though
Original post by SSGT
does anyone know how many interviews took place? im trying to work out my odds based on the fact that there are only 15 places

150 interviews took place apparently and 15-30 people will get an offer :smile:
Reply 28
just got a rejection on track
Original post by SSGT
just got a rejection on track

Same ah well
Got an offer on track. Didn’t even know they were sending them out so soon
Reply 31
what a waste of a ucas choice. I wish I knew there were only 15 places available before hand.
Original post by Ty600
what a waste of a ucas choice. I wish I knew there were only 15 places available before hand.

That’s how I feel :frown: the majority of places will have gone to international/ widening participation students because that’s how the system works in small acceptance courses so I feel robbed of a place tbh - I only applied because it’s a university close to my home but same as you I’d never have considered it if I’d had known only fifteen people get offers.
Reply 33
it says written feedback will be sent out. will it be our scores and a cut off or a full on analysis of our performance?
Got rejected, at least Newcastle has my back, which is my first choice. I'll be intrigued to see how this written feedback works.

Edit: not really written feedback, just states I didn't make it in the top 40%.
(edited 4 years ago)
Got a letter from edge hill saying I scored within top 40% but they can’t make a decision right now due to high competition and limited spaces. They said their going to monitor the replies of candidates who have offers before they reach a decision by end of April. And if they cannot make an offer then I’m on the reserve list
How do reserve lists work, does it all happen on results days or?
Got a letter from edge hill saying I scored within top 40% but they can’t make a decision right now due to high competition and limited spaces. They said their going to monitor the replies of candidates who have offers before they reach a decision by end of April. And if they cannot make an offer then I’m on the reserve list

This makes sense as this is Edge Hill's first year and they will have no real idea on how many offers to make or how many will firm or insure them.
How do reserve lists work, does it all happen on results days or?

Reserve lists usually come in to play on results day when the medical schools will go to them when offer holders have missed grades or have withdrawn. It saves them going into clearing which means setting up MMI's again etc.
Original post by Laycity
Reserve lists usually come in to play on results day when the medical schools will go to them when offer holders have missed grades or have withdrawn. It saves them going into clearing which means setting up MMI's again etc.

So can you only accept an offer via reserve if you have no other offers
So can you only accept an offer via reserve if you have no other offers

Yes usually you are only able to stay on a reserve list if you have no offers anywhere else. It is worth asking them if they have a clear policy on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending