The Student Room Group

E to A in A level biology

I've revised a lot more now and the E was in December. I've done a set of mocks since but haven't received the results yet.
I would say I am at about a C grade now how many hours would I need to put in while also not neglecting my other subjects to get an A.
Bump
Would it be hard to learn photosynthesis and respiration by myself?
oh my gosh im the exact same but i need a B what board ru??
Original post by jasminepanesar
oh my gosh im the exact same but i need a B what board ru??

OCR A
Original post by Flyehigh
OCR A

omg same how ru revising ??
Would it be hard to learn photosynthesis and respiration by myself?

Photosynthesis is fairly straight forward, it is just memorising most of it. The most difficult part on that may be chemiosmosis, in LIR. Apart from that you will easily get the hang of it.
Original post by NamesAreGay
Photosynthesis is fairly straight forward, it is just memorising most of it. The most difficult part on that may be chemiosmosis, in LIR. Apart from that you will easily get the hang of it.

you can learn the content and that will get you about half marks but the best practice is to apply your knowledge to different questions, mark them, see where you went wrong, revise that content and try the question again. Try this with exam papers too!
Original post by 010206rainbow
you can learn the content and that will get you about half marks but the best practice is to apply your knowledge to different questions, mark them, see where you went wrong, revise that content and try the question again. Try this with exam papers too!

Okay thanks. I revised respiration in a day and understood it all but when I did a topic paper I got 40% because they wanted specific words and it needed to very precise.
I'm going to try and self learn photosynthesis as well as I do not understand anything my teacher says.
I can literally do all of photosynthesis respiration energy food webs + inheritance and nerves in 2 days. Why does it take you 1 day to do respiration?
Are you doing questions as you go along?
Learn markscheme answers.
Focus on finishing all the content first.
Original post by coronavirus1
I can literally do all of photosynthesis respiration energy food webs + inheritance and nerves in 2 days. Why does it take you 1 day to do respiration?
Are you doing questions as you go along?
Learn markscheme answers.
Focus on finishing all the content first.

Ah that's good for you I've never learnt it before so it takes me longer to understand the concept and drill it in to my memory. I could have done another topic but I was too tired after sixth form.
Okay thanks. I revised respiration in a day and understood it all but when I did a topic paper I got 40% because they wanted specific words and it needed to very precise.
I'm going to try and self learn photosynthesis as well as I do not understand anything my teacher says.

yes exactly, by redoing questions you get wrong, you're more likely to remember the specific wording that the exam board want. Therefore when you see another similar question, you'll be more likely to use similar/the same wording to score the marks.
Ah that's good for you I've never learnt it before so it takes me longer to understand the concept and drill it in to my memory. I could have done another topic but I was too tired after sixth form.

YOUVE NEVER LEARNT IT BEFORE? WHAT IS YOUR SIXTH FORM DOING! We finished the course in january.
Dw you got this though.
Does anyone know any websites with questions for OCR? Already using PMT
Original post by 451eo451
Does anyone know any websites with questions for OCR? Already using PMT

exampro.
exampro.

Can you send me the link please?
YOUVE NEVER LEARNT IT BEFORE? WHAT IS YOUR SIXTH FORM DOING! We finished the course in january.
Dw you got this though.

You finished content in January 😱? How? So you just revise every lesson now? Lucky.
You finished content in January 😱? How? So you just revise every lesson now? Lucky.

Yup.
(edited 4 years ago)
wow, our teachers are saying that we'll be doing content even after Easter
guys, if anyone has any tips, I just got an E in mocks and need a B in AQA Chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest