The Student Room Group

Difference between "Criminology with Law" and " Law with Criminology"

As the title suggests, what are the main differences between the two aforementioned courses? As far as I know, " Criminology with Law" is the study of Criminology with a dash of Law ( major emphasis in criminology and minor emphasis on law ). Whereas " Law with Criminology " places it's major emphasis on Law and minor emphasis on criminology. Is my depiction of the two courses correct? If not, could someone help me by answering my question? Thank you.
Reply 1
Hey PaperBoi,

The main difference will be as you stated, the electives (modules) available to you. For example I know with Law and Crim you have 3 Law modules and 1 Crim module in your first year and it would be correct to assume that it would be the same the other-way around. With Crim and Law having more Criminology elements.

Hope this helps!

-Alex
Reply 2
Original post by AlexPTA
Hey PaperBoi,

The main difference will be as you stated, the electives (modules) available to you. For example I know with Law and Crim you have 3 Law modules and 1 Crim module in your first year and it would be correct to assume that it would be the same the other-way around. With Crim and Law having more Criminology elements.

Hope this helps!

-Alex

Thank you for your reply! I see now, if I chose Crim with Law can I still shift into the Law with Crim field? Are we allowed to shift between the two fields?
Original post by PaperBoi
As the title suggests, what are the main differences between the two aforementioned courses? As far as I know, " Criminology with Law" is the study of Criminology with a dash of Law ( major emphasis in criminology and minor emphasis on law ). Whereas " Law with Criminology " places it's major emphasis on Law and minor emphasis on criminology. Is my depiction of the two courses correct? If not, could someone help me by answering my question? Thank you.

If you want to work in Law, make sure the course is an LLB qualifying Law degree and not a BA
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
If you want to work in Law, make sure the course is an LLB qualifying Law degree and not a BA

Hmmm, Crim with Law is not a LLB but still it has an element of law....

The elements of law won't be enough but could be alright for say paralegal jobs

So it’s probably not a qualifying Law degree which means you would need to do a conversion course in Law before being able to start training as a solicitor /barrister. If you don’t want to work in Law, I guess it doesn’t matter if it’s a BA or LLB
Reply 7
I'm a bit overwhelmed by the replies, but thank you all for replying and helping me out. Now I just think that going Crim with Law and then go on for a conversion course for Law/ Master in Law would be the best choice for me because I myself is more inclined towards the Criminology field while my parents wants me to get that LLB. This way it'll be a perfect win-win.

Quick Reply

Latest