The Student Room Group

Radiology Rankings Oriel

Hi all,

I've applied for radiology ST1 this year and unfortunately haven't managed to secure an offer in the inital release of offers. My rank is 325 (out of around 300 posts) - I was wondering if anyone had any experience as to the likelihood of getting an offer in this round? I've found very little information on whether or not anyone who does not get an offer in the initial release gets any chance with offer recycling/people going on to accept posts in other specialties.

I'm applying to non-competitive UoAs so I'm not expecting to get into London with my score!

I have accepted I've failed this round and have a plan of action for applying next year - but I just don't like uncertainty!

Any experience or guidance you could give would be much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hookguy
Hi all,

I've applied for radiology ST1 this year and unfortunately haven't managed to secure an offer in the inital release of offers. My rank is 325 (out of around 300 posts) - I was wondering if anyone had any experience as to the likelihood of getting an offer in this round? I've found very little information on whether or not anyone who does not get an offer in the initial release gets any chance with offer recycling/people going on to accept posts in other specialties.

I'm applying to non-competitive UoAs so I'm not expecting to get into London with my score!

I have accepted I've failed this round and have a plan of action for applying next year - but I just don't like uncertainty!

Hi! I am in the same position too! My rank is 333. Feel a bit gutted really. The waiting is the worst I think, I would rather know if I have not got in so I can plan for next year.
Reply 2
Hi, I have received an offer but I’m waiting for a chance at an upgrade as I didn’t get my desired location. Does anyone have any idea when upgrades come through? Should the first lot have come through already with preferencing closing again? Thanks.

And good luck to everyone!
Hi - I also applied for radiology (thankfully I have got my top choice) but I know quite a few people that applied, a couple of people have got offers for radiology as well as another speciality. Know of 1 person for certain who is declining radiology.. so with scores in the 300s I think the odds are probably pretty decent. good luck! where have you applied for?
I don't have experience, but I guess it's whatever the statistical likelihood is that 25 people ahead of you are either going to drop out for reasons like not getting the geographical region they need OR have applied to more than one programme and actually Radiology is not their top choice. I don't think it's super likely but it could happen and is not outside the realms of probability given how close you are o: Both of those things definitely happen - although Radiology is very competitive, so maybe a bit less likely people have successfully applied to more than one thing.

Good luck! Limbo is horrible.
Reply 5
Waiting is definitely the worst. I'm not sure when we definitely know whether we have a chance. Was a shot in the gut getting the result but I know my portfolio wasn't strong enough unfortunately! Hopefully we both get lucky :smile:
Original post by hookguy
Waiting is definitely the worst. I'm not sure when we definitely know whether we have a chance. Was a shot in the gut getting the result but I know my portfolio wasn't strong enough unfortunately! Hopefully we both get lucky :smile:

You’ll know after the holding deadline on the 20th. It’s the same for all specialties I think?
Original post by hookguy
Hi all,

what were you individual station scores and sjt score, out of interest if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 8
Original post by hookguy
Hi all,

Which UoAs did you apply to? Any you didn't include in your preferences?
Reply 9
Original post by Beclometasone
what were you individual station scores and sjt score, out of interest if you dont mind me asking?

MSRA 31, Portfolio 22, Commitment 37
Clear work to be done in one or two of those stations!
Original post by ScrubZ
Which UoAs did you apply to? Any you didn't include in your preferences?

Yorkshire and Humber, I haven't included many that are not commutable due to the usual reasons (family, mortgage, partners job). I know it limits my chances but need to try
Do you mind if I ask what your raw msra score was to equate to 31?
Mine was 541 and 28.3 in case it helps anyone
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Do you mind if I ask what your raw msra score was to equate to 31?
Mine was 541 and 28.3 in case it helps anyone

Sorry missed that part of your question, I got 568
Hi- I’m in the same boat. I managed to get an offer but waiting to get an upgrade. Where would you like to be ideally?
Original post by hookguy
Sorry missed that part of your question, I got 568

That's fantastic! Yours is the highest score I've heard of.
Reply 14
Original post by Bradford_boys
Hi- I’m in the same boat. I managed to get an offer but waiting to get an upgrade. Where would you like to be ideally?

South Yorkshire hopefully! Where are you hoping to get?

That's fantastic! Yours is the highest score I've heard of.

Thank you, I'm surprised there were so many scores higher than mine, must have been a really tough cohort
Original post by hookguy
South Yorkshire hopefully! Where are you hoping to get?

Thank you, I'm surprised there were so many scores higher than mine, must have been a really tough cohort

what kinds of scores did other people you know get?

even out of the gp cohort i didnt know anyone who got much higher than my score (540s) - working in a rural DGH though, wouldnt be surprised if elsewhere people did much better than us haha.
Reply 16
what kinds of scores did other people you know get?

even out of the gp cohort i didnt know anyone who got much higher than my score (540s) - working in a rural DGH though, wouldnt be surprised if elsewhere people did much better than us haha.

Those I know mostly got between 530-580, I don't know anyone that got above a 580 though I have only spoken to a handful of people.

Did anyone get an offer in this round of recycled offers? Got another application not matched email :frown:
Reply 17
I got a similar overall score to you, I got MSRA 31, Portfolio 27, Commitment 29. Curious to know what you've done to improve your commitment score?I ranked 366th, just been offered a place in Aberdeen, although I'm not sure I'll take it and will likely reapply.
Reply 18
Original post by Dagogo
I got a similar overall score to you, I got MSRA 31, Portfolio 27, Commitment 29. Curious to know what you've done to improve your commitment score?I ranked 366th, just been offered a place in Aberdeen, although I'm not sure I'll take it and will likely reapply.

Congrats on the offer, when did you receive it?

As I said the only thing I did for commitment was the radiology interviews course, I think its all you need.
Original post by hookguy
Congrats on the offer, when did you receive it?

As I said the only thing I did for commitment was the radiology interviews course, I think its all you need.

Did you get an offer in the end?

Latest

Trending

Trending