The Student Room Group

China's done well, China's handled this amazingly.... Coronavirus

70 people trapped after hotel used for coronavirus quarantine collapses in China: Reuters - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/07/70-people-trapped-after-hotel-used-for-coronavirus-quarantine-collapses-in-china-reuters.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its Made in china what do ya expect?😂😂😂

Naa but for reals. Hope no ones dead.
That's tragic. I hope everybody is okay.
Reply 3
Terrible thing to happen.

Did they use an old building to isolate people with the virus?
Hopefully no one died although, I suspect many did.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
70 people trapped after hotel used for coronavirus quarantine collapses in China: Reuters - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/07/70-people-trapped-after-hotel-used-for-coronavirus-quarantine-collapses-in-china-reuters.html

And all those people saying "HoW cOmE cHiNa CAn bUiLd a hOSpiTaL iN WeEk bUt In ThE uK iT tAKeS yeArS!!!!11!"

This is why...
Because their building quality is shockingly bad.
Original post by adam271
Terrible thing to happen.

Did they use an old building to isolate people with the virus?
Hopefully no one died although, I suspect many did.

Construction was completed in 2018, trouble is China has appallingly bad building control often driven by corruption.
Weird title. I hope they all get out safely.
Chinese people arent as hateful, ignorant or deceitful as the angery penguin person.
Original post by MrBiggs01010101
And all those people saying "HoW cOmE cHiNa CAn bUiLd a hOSpiTaL iN WeEk bUt In ThE uK iT tAKeS yeArS!!!!11!"

This is why...
Because their building quality is shockingly bad.

Not really.. people mainly said that because they heard 'hospital' and thought of UK hospitals in big multistory buildings. For anyone who looked at the photos/videos it was clear that it was a grouping of portable pre-fab structures put on a sight - something which many nations could do.

Their building quality is really bad though.. mainly because people forget how poor China is per-person. Yes as a nation they are rich, and just because of their scale they can manage impressive engineering show-peices.. but per person, they are poorer than nations like mexico, and their everyday buildings reflect that.. on a person level, they are still a developing nation, and are a long way of the construction/building regs of the UK or other developed countries.

Are you determined to be the reverse of Penguin? He posts everytime there is good China news with a redicluous spin on it.. and you do the same when there is bad news.

You don't beat one idiot by becoming another.
isnt there like open fish markets in china, so do u think the virus started there because infects animals first, then mutated to infect humans.
Seems like a seller didn't wash hands
and i also hope everyone with coronavirus recovers.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Are you determined to be the reverse of Penguin? He posts everytime there is good China news with a redicluous spin on it.. and you do the same when there is bad news.

You don't beat one idiot by becoming another.

OK, Mr. intellectual property theft by China is great.

China rips off car companies by making their own with similar names and designs
Capitalising on a tragic event to make a political point.
Great guy.
Reply 13
Original post by 999tigger
Weird title. I hope they all get out safely.
Chinese people arent as hateful, ignorant or deceitful as the angery penguin person.

Most populations under authoritarianism are nothing like their ruling tyrants (or their angery stooges).
Original post by Ascend
Most populations under authoritarianism are nothing like their ruling tyrants (or their angery stooges).

Ofc not. Angery penguin does China more damage with his bile and hatred.
Reply 15
Ofc not. Angery penguin does China more damage with his bile and hatred.

He's either the most counterproductive Wumao on the planet or a brilliant anti-China propagandist.
Original post by Ascend
He's either the most counterproductive Wumao on the planet or a brilliant anti-China propagandist.

or just a weirdo troll. I am more staggered that TSR havent deleted him for the spammer and false news spreader he is.
Notice on Virus threads completely silent on events in China except attacking HK and the focus is all on China's neighbours and the West.
Did laugh when he tried to take control with the megathread as though we can rely on him for updates.. lols. One of the least trustworthy people on TSR.
Reply 17
or just a weirdo troll. I am more staggered that TSR havent deleted him for the spammer and false news spreader he is.
Notice on Virus threads completely silent on events in China except attacking HK and the focus is all on China's neighbours and the West.
Did laugh when he tried to take control with the megathread as though we can rely on him for updates.. lols. One of the least trustworthy people on TSR.

Should we start looking into TSR's business dealings with China? :holmes:

Spoiler

Original post by Ascend
Should we start looking into TSR's business dealings with China? :holmes:

Spoiler

Raised the issue several times as if someone was posting about China or about another race in the same way they would be banned.
Just try and avoid, its normally just cut and past article spam these days.

Give it a year - when your doing your Master's in Management from a Russel group uni, maybe you'll cover it and you can get back to my question..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending