The Student Room Group

Question regarding self esteem

im a student and need help with this question regarding my essay
how can you promote self esteem in a child (at school)
Reply 1
Original post by Juliesmith1786
im a student and need help with this question regarding my essay
how can you promote self esteem in a child (at school)

Hi, if I was u I would start with the definition of self-esteem and then go on to say self-esteem is one of the fundamental building blocks of resilience. Principally, self-esteem flows from positive attachment experiences but can be enhanced by participation in valued activities. It is about feeling successful, not simply academically, but also in other areas such as in relationships or in spare time activities. This means that encouraging foster children to take part in school activities which they enjoy can be an important source of self-esteem. Then say through research positive relationships, at any age in the life span, can help improve poor self-concept. People who take an interest, who listen, who care and love us, make us feel better. They improve our image and bolster our self-esteem. Children who are not loved at home may nevertheless develop feelings of self-worth if a relative takes an interest, a teacher appears concerned and caring, or a residential worker responds with kindness and consistency. I hope I was some help to you.

Quick Reply

Latest