The Student Room Group

The stock market and coronavirus

Because of the covid-19 outbreak,stock prices have dramatically fallen. However, I do notice a pattern. Everyday, when the markets open, the price of a stock will vertically drop, then a few minutes later, it will peak and then continue falling. I attempted to take advantage of this today, but the markets opened earlier than expected. But the pattern that I predicted did happen.
So. could this be used as a short term strategy to make money?
Reply 1
If you have enough trust in this trend you have analysed and you have some experience in day trading I would argue yes. However, nothing is ever guaranteed (unless you are pulling the strings (not even top analysts with connections are close to consistent)) and I would MUCH rather invest in more fixed, long term bonds and shares instead.
Reply 2
Original post by Da14a
If you have enough trust in this trend you have analysed and you have some experience in day trading I would argue yes. However, nothing is ever guaranteed (unless you are pulling the strings (not even top analysts with connections are close to consistent)) and I would MUCH rather invest in more fixed, long term bonds and shares instead.

Forgive my ****ty grammar.
Stock market down again. :frown:
Original post by David-Isaac
Because of the covid-19 outbreak,stock prices have dramatically fallen. However, I do notice a pattern. Everyday, when the markets open, the price of a stock will vertically drop, then a few minutes later, it will peak and then continue falling. I attempted to take advantage of this today, but the markets opened earlier than expected. But the pattern that I predicted did happen.

Day traders don't make money. Fact.
Original post by Reality Check
Day traders don't make money. Fact.

Wait, you're telling me that you can trade at night?!
Reply 6

Didn't happen today....
Reply 7

Sshhhh, don't let them know...
Reply 8

Futures market.
Reply 9

Didnt happen today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending