The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

lancaster uni college???

Hi! I'm not sure how to go about picking a college so I thought it'd be a good idea to post on here and get people's opinions.

I'm a student from a European country, introverted, not a drinker or a party goer. I would enjoy going on trips around the country to see as much as possible. I am also religious and want to join the Christian Union. I'm going to be studying Accounting & Finance and want standard accomodation (with washbasin).
Any help is welcome😊

Scroll to see replies

Furness is typically seen as a quieter college, that offers standard accommodation, I am biased since it was my college, but I think you would like it. One tip, don't get to Freshers week and take that as how noisy it will be, after a week or two it all calms down.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I'm not sure how to go about picking a college so I thought it'd be a good idea to post on here and get people's opinions.

I'm a student from a European country, introverted, not a drinker or a party goer. I would enjoy going on trips around the country to see as much as possible. I am also religious and want to join the Christian Union. I'm going to be studying Accounting & Finance and want standard accomodation (with washbasin).
Any help is welcome😊

Message me
Reply 3
Original post by LewisBailey
Message me

Why??
Why??

Just to clear something up
Reply 5
I'd say it really doesn't matter, the primary think different colleges offer is being in a different place on campus.
Original post by LewisBailey
Just to clear something up

Top 10 dodgiest things on TSR...
',:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Joe1000000
Top 10 dodgiest things on TSR...

Hahaha my thoughts exactly lol

Any help is welcome😊

Hello,
There's no way to tell who you'll be living because obviously each year it's different. There are colleges that are stereotypically quieter but you could end up with a rowdier flat! It's the risk I guess. Each college has non-drinking events in Welcome week so you should be fine on that front. Ultimately it doesn't matter too much and you'll be located everyone on campus for your lectures. Bowland accommodation tends to be in the centre and so could be nosier than Furness and Fylde for example. But like someone else said, it'll calm down after Freshers week when people start doing work!
Not sure how else I can help really! You may be able to write some preferences such as a single gender flat when you sign up which will help increase your chances of staying with like-minded people.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
There's no way to tell who you'll be living because obviously each year it's different. There are colleges that are stereotypically quieter but you could end up with a rowdier flat! It's the risk I guess. Each college has non-drinking events in Welcome week so you should be fine on that front. Ultimately it doesn't matter too much and you'll be located everyone on campus for your lectures. Bowland accommodation tends to be in the centre and so could be nosier than Furness and Fylde for example. But like someone else said, it'll calm down after Freshers week when people start doing work!
Not sure how else I can help really! You may be able to write some preferences such as a single gender flat when you sign up which will help increase your chances of staying with like-minded people.
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Thank you! I've been trying to get more information on the accomodation and colleges but the webpage of the uni is not working for some reason. I tried accessing it from multiple devices but it won't load. Do you know why?
Thank you! I've been trying to get more information on the accomodation and colleges but the webpage of the uni is not working for some reason. I tried accessing it from multiple devices but it won't load. Do you know why?

Hello,
I'm not too sure - it may because they're updating current information on accommodation and colleges. Maybe check back in a few days and if it's still not working, let men know and I'll pass it on.
Hello,
I'm not too sure - it may because they're updating current information on accommodation and colleges. Maybe check back in a few days and if it's still not working, let men know and I'll pass it on.

Alright, thank you!
Hello,

Hi! I've been checking the website these past few days and it is still not working
Hi! I've been checking the website these past few days and it is still not working

Hi,
could you confirm which pages it is exactly?
I've been looking at these ones and they're working fine for me:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/why-lancaster/colleges-and-community/
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/
Hi,
could you confirm which pages it is exactly?
I've been looking at these ones and they're working fine for me:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/why-lancaster/colleges-and-community/
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/

Yes, these ones. I've tried opening them from Chrome, Google, Samsung Internet from four different devices and they are not loading. I clicked the links you've sent and still nothing.
Yes, these ones. I've tried opening them from Chrome, Google, Samsung Internet from four different devices and they are not loading. I clicked the links you've sent and still nothing.

That's super strange! Are you a UK student?
That's super strange! Are you a UK student?

Nope, EU student
Nope, EU student

Okay thanks, I'll pass this info on.

Quick Reply

Latest