The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

offer holder day 14th March

Hi
I am coming to the offer holder day on Saturday. I will be attending my subject session. Is my guest able to come to this session
Original post by donz_8
Hi
I am coming to the offer holder day on Saturday. I will be attending my subject session. Is my guest able to come to this session

Hi @donz_8!

Lovely to hear you'll be joining us at the Offer Holder Open Day on Saturday and we look forward to welcoming you to Keele! I'm pretty sure that your guests are able to attend all sessions being run on the day but will double check for you and reply back as soon as I have a response from the organising team!

Amy :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Keele University
Hi @donz_8!

Lovely to hear you'll be joining us at the Offer Holder Open Day on Saturday and we look forward to welcoming you to Keele! I'm pretty sure that your guests are able to attend all sessions being run on the day but will double check for you and reply back as soon as I have a response from the organising team!

Thank you
Also I have previously been to an open day. Do I need to be there all day or just the subject session
Original post by donz_8
Thank you
Also I have previously been to an open day. Do I need to be there all day or just the subject session

Hi again @donz_8!

The majority of academic subjects will be more than happy for your guests to attend the subject session. The only exceptions I have been made aware of are Medicine, who are running their session for offer holders only, and Nursing and Midwifery, where guests are welcome to attend the session as observers but will not be able to take part in the taster activity.

Offer Holder Days do contain some of the same activities as Open Days - campus & accomodation tours, information stands, student life talks etc. However these will be geared more towards you as an offer holder so you may find it helpful to go to some of them again for a new perpective (for example, different ambassadors may be giving the student life talks, and we tend to have a wider range of accomodation open on Offer Holder Days so you might want to see some other accomodation options).

How long you want to spend on campus is completely up to you though - just make sure you arrive in time to complete registration (which is taking place all day in the Chancellors Building Exhibition Suite) before you need to go to your academic taster session!

I hope that helps but if you've got any other questions just drop them below! Otherwise I look forward to welcoming you to Keele on Saturday (I'll be on duty in the Chancellors building meeting and greeting arrivals on the day so do say hello!)

Reply 4
Hi again @donz_8!

The majority of academic subjects will be more than happy for your guests to attend the subject session. The only exceptions I have been made aware of are Medicine, who are running their session for offer holders only, and Nursing and Midwifery, where guests are welcome to attend the session as observers but will not be able to take part in the taster activity.

Offer Holder Days do contain some of the same activities as Open Days - campus & accomodation tours, information stands, student life talks etc. However these will be geared more towards you as an offer holder so you may find it helpful to go to some of them again for a new perpective (for example, different ambassadors may be giving the student life talks, and we tend to have a wider range of accomodation open on Offer Holder Days so you might want to see some other accomodation options).

How long you want to spend on campus is completely up to you though - just make sure you arrive in time to complete registration (which is taking place all day in the Chancellors Building Exhibition Suite) before you need to go to your academic taster session!

I hope that helps but if you've got any other questions just drop them below! Otherwise I look forward to welcoming you to Keele on Saturday (I'll be on duty in the Chancellors building meeting and greeting arrivals on the day so do say hello!)

Hi Amy

You won't miss me at registration I will be the old one 🤣🤣🤣

Donna
Original post by donz_8
Hi Amy

You won't miss me at registration I will be the old one 🤣🤣🤣

Donna

Haha!

You won't stand out - you'd be surprised how many of us "mature" students there are around on campus!

Look forward to seeing you - please do come and say hello! I'll be welcoming visitors to Chancellors Building all day so hopefully see you at some point in the day :smile:
Reply 6
Haha!

You won't stand out - you'd be surprised how many of us "mature" students there are around on campus!

Look forward to seeing you - please do come and say hello! I'll be welcoming visitors to Chancellors Building all day so hopefully see you at some point in the day :smile:

I will do 😁

Quick Reply

Latest