The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein jailed for 23 years

https://news.sky.com/story/harvey-weinstein-arrives-at-court-in-wheelchair-for-landmark-sentencing-11955349

Harvey Weinstein has been sentenced to 23 years in prison for rape and sexual assault.

So what do you think, was justice served today? Do you think his jailing has put out an important message to men?
I don’t think I will ever be happy with the sentences disgusting people such as him get.

I don’t think any amount of time can make up for what he did.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
I don’t think I will ever be happy with the sentences, disgusting people such as him get.

interestingly, the 20 year sentence he got was for sexual assault [not rape]
The rape charge was for 3rd degree rape, which from what i understand is like when the person is to young or something like that where something has voided the sex being legal. he got 3 yrs for that.

He had many accusers, but seems very few have actually got to have their day in court
Reply 3
I'd be curious to see what happens on appeal tbh.
Well he deserves it
yay!
If only they were this tough on murderers.
Original post by karelina
If only they were this tough on murderers.

They are in the US.
Reply 8
Original post by ANM775
He had many accusers, but seems very few have actually got to have their day in court

Some of them were too long ago to prosecute, some of them are still coming up - he's due to sit trial in LA too.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I don’t think I will ever be happy with the sentences, disgusting people such as him get.

I don't support the death penalty
he can die behind bars
Reply 10
Original post by perplexed turtle
I don't support the death penalty
he can die behind bars

given his age, there's a decent probability....
Now there's a man that lived the life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending