The Student Room Group

Biochemistry EPQ Titles

I started EPQ lessons in December and have been going through it and we are now having to come up with a general question to start thinking of methods and the pre-production parts. I am struggling to find a title that doesn't crossover with A Level Biology or Chemistry. I'm interested in the sampling but have covered blood during Biology. Any Help?
"Sampling" and "blood" are very broad subjects that are covered in heavy volumes; what about sampling interests you? There are hundreds of investigations you can do in a "blood test" - if you narrow down your choices by thinking of a disease/problem that a grandpa or -ma might have suffered, or something in the news that you found fascinating, etc. and put those up here, I am sure I can suggest something highly interesting that you could find a lot of info on.

Let me know.

Best of luck!
M
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
"Sampling" and "blood" are very broad subjects that are covered in heavy volumes; what about sampling interests you? There are hundreds of investigations you can do in a "blood test" - if you narrow down your choices by thinking of a disease/problem that a grandpa or -ma might have suffered, or something in the news that you found fascinating, etc. and put those up here, I am sure I can suggest something highly interesting that you could find a lot of info on.

Let me know.

Best of luck!
M

I have done some work experience in a biochemistry lab and some disease and processes and after it I become interested in diabetes more due to my brother being type 1 and learning about HbA1Cs , rhesus disease or haemophilia/von Willibrand disease.

Thanks
Couple of options here I can think of:

1. "Haemolytic disease of the newborn - should Rhesus negative women not have children with Rhesus positive men?"

2. "Diabetic retinopathy is the most common cause of blindness in developed countries - will the intensive research on a digital retina soon succeed in helping these patients?"

I hope you like one of these - if you do choose one, let me know, and I shall direct you to abundant sources of data.

M
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Couple of options here I can think of:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending