The Student Room Group

Coronavirus: 'The worst bit is the uncontrollable coughing'

Scroll to see replies

This is certainly a mild case (which 80-90% of infected people will experience).
Ok? And?
Original post by Sammylou40
Ok? And?

Penguin is an epidemiologist in disguise, pay attention.
Reply 4
The coughing is the part that worries me most
Original post by 999tigger
Penguin is an epidemiologist in disguise, pay attention.

Hand duly slapped 😜
Original post by Pugglet
The coughing is the part that worries me most

Have you not had a cough before?
Hand duly slapped 😜

If you notice on his mega thread of truth he changes the title towards the most negative thread he can find about the west, but never mentions China except in glowing terms even if they have 50X the cases or it actually started there due to preventable reasons. The latest one is in the guesstimate of 10000 undiagnosed cases as in 10:1 v diagnosed, but he never mentioned that when we talk about China's cases.

Then you have the close everything down brigade, especially school and exams for the next 12-18 months.

I trust Chris Whitty and all the other experts advising are as smart as their interview and know how to steer the UK through it.
Reply 8
The thing is “mild” cases aren’t necessarily what many would define as mild, but rather simply don’t require hospital treatment (or very minimal medical interference at most). I better not have it when I’m doing my exams.
If you notice on his mega thread of truth he changes the title towards the most negative thread he can find about the west, but never mentions China except in glowing terms even if they have 50X the cases or it actually started there due to preventable reasons. The latest one is in the guesstimate of 10000 undiagnosed cases as in 10:1 v diagnosed, but he never mentioned that when we talk about China's cases.

Then you have the close everything down brigade, especially school and exams for the next 12-18 months.

I trust Chris Whitty and all the other experts advising are as smart as their interview and know how to steer the UK through it.

I’ve noticed him of course but don’t really take much heed of his posts.
we’ll get through it
I’ve noticed him of course but don’t really take much heed of his posts.
we’ll get through i

Am sure we will. I'm more interested in it as an event. Its not Spanish flu or any of a number of diseases that decimated populations in the middle ages. I can understand if you are more worried if you have a compromised health status. Less panic and more common sense responsibility would make things a whole lot easier.
Am sure we will. I'm more interested in it as an event. Its not Spanish flu or any of a number of diseases that decimated populations in the middle ages. I can understand if you are more worried if you have a compromised health status. Less panic and more common sense responsibility would make things a whole lot easier.

Tbh my health is not good. I have 60% lung function due to asthma damage but there is still no point in being hysterical
common sense prevails
Have you not had a cough before?

I’m an asthmatic
Once I start coughing I can’t breathe and it’s not fun
Reply 13
Does anyone know how long the corona tests take to come back? My brother got tested 2 days ago and he hasn’t heard anything since. He has all the symptoms. Me and my family are self isolating but we would like to know because if it isn’t the virus I need to go to work!
Tbh my health is not good. I have 60% lung function due to asthma damage but there is still no point in being hysterical
common sense prevails

Keep safe then and away from people imo. Time to read lots of books and watch lots of box sets.
Keep safe then and away from people imo. Time to read lots of books and watch lots of box sets.

I filled my kindle yesterday 😜
I filled my kindle yesterday 😜

After Harry Potter , the the film Contagion is the next most popular stream.
Original post by xx1t35
Does anyone know how long the corona tests take to come back? My brother got tested 2 days ago and he hasn’t heard anything since. He has all the symptoms. Me and my family are self isolating but we would like to know because if it isn’t the virus I need to go to work!

As far as I am aware it takes 72 hours for the test to come back in the hospital I work in.
Reply 18

i've been dealing with uncontrollable coughing fits for like 5 months now. you get used to them, guys. no worries 🤣
Original post by Ciel.
i've been dealing with uncontrollable coughing fits for like 5 months now. you get used to them, guys. no worries 🤣

Even if you are asthmatic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending