The Student Room Group

HELP! Maintaince loan EU?

I’m from EU but lived in UK for 7 years I have recently applied for student finance (only just started my application) and on my summary it shows I’ll only get 4,289 maintaince loan or 6,003 the most. That can’t be right? I’m worrying a bit cause I know my friends from uk get that amount a term not for a full academic year? I’ll be studying nursing too so no way I can live of that
Edit: I have already received settled status from the home office
(edited 4 years ago)
if it's outside of London then it's possible
the amount usually depends on your and your parents salary
Original post by K_r243
I’m from EU but lived in UK for 7 years I have recently applied for student finance (only just started my application) and on my summary it shows I’ll only get 4,289 maintaince loan or 6,003 the most. That can’t be right? I’m worrying a bit cause I know my friends from uk get that amount a term not for a full academic year? I’ll be studying nursing too so no way I can live of that

Your parents income must be high, it isn't stated but they are supposed to supplement...or your supposed to get a job. More than likely you could get a job on a covid-19 ward at this point, i think wanting to study is all they require at this point.
Reply 4
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Your parents income must be high, it isn't stated but they are supposed to supplement...or your supposed to get a job. More than likely you could get a job on a covid-19 ward at this point, i think wanting to study is all they require at this point.

My mum income from last year was 23,000 per year but now it’s only 16,000 per year which I’ll be able to prove in April when she gets her P60. I’m just worried it might be because I’m from EU even though I’ve lived here 7 years?

Wouldn’t actually mind working on covid-19 ward but not sure how this will help my maintenance loan in September 😂
Reply 5
Original post by settler77
the amount usually depends on your and your parents salary

I live outside of London, Liverpool and my mum only earns £16,000 per year now however I have put her income from last year which was 23,000 which it’s still below the minimum so I’m confused
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending