The Student Room Group

Can you have rosacea and keratosis pilaris?

My doctor has told me that I have keratosis pilaris - I have bumps all up my arms and on my back. My cheeks are bright red but there aren't many bumps on my face. I've been using glycolic and lactic acid on my face and it hasn't by any means aggravated my skin but it hasn't done anything to reduce the redness. Could I have rosacea as well as KP, or that impossible?
Original post by anonymous11123xo
My doctor has told me that I have keratosis pilaris - I have bumps all up my arms and on my back. My cheeks are bright red but there aren't many bumps on my face. I've been using glycolic and lactic acid on my face and it hasn't by any means aggravated my skin but it hasn't done anything to reduce the redness. Could I have rosacea as well as KP, or that impossible?

YES! i have the EXACT same thing and i hate it aahhhh.
Original post by rxyaltyx
yes! I have the exact same thing and i hate it aahhhh.

it's so annoying isn't it
it's so annoying isn't it

i have tried every cream to get rid of it and only one (eucerin 10% urea) helped it a tiny bit. im contemplating whether to go too the doctor or not...
I’m 17 and I’ve had KP ever since I was 12 😔 any advice for what I could do to stop it?
Hayyyyy I’ve had KP aka chicken skin since I was like 4. Sadly it only goes during summer times when there’s lots of sun and it worsens during winter. I have tried absolutely everything but they still don’t go 😭😔
Original post by rxyaltyx
i have tried every cream to get rid of it and only one (eucerin 10% urea) helped it a tiny bit. im contemplating whether to go too the doctor or not...

How did it help? Do you have KP on your face?
The only thing I've found that has noticeably reduced my KP is by properly exfoliating every now and then in the shower, followed up by moisturising regularly. I used to get it all over the outer side of my arms, thighs and the sides of my face on my cheeks. However now I only really get it on the backs of the top half of my arms but it's not that noticeable. I also use Sulphur soap as my daily face wash, morning and night which seems to have got rid of it on my cheeks!

However, different products work for different people so unfortunately I think it's just a case of trying products until you discover something that works for you.
Original post by Anonymous
The only thing I've found that has noticeably reduced my KP is by properly exfoliating every now and then in the shower, followed up by moisturising regularly. I used to get it all over the outer side of my arms, thighs and the sides of my face on my cheeks. However now I only really get it on the backs of the top half of my arms but it's not that noticeable. I also use Sulphur soap as my daily face wash, morning and night which seems to have got rid of it on my cheeks!

However, different products work for different people so unfortunately I think it's just a case of trying products until you discover something that works for you.

Hi,

My problem is that I have it all over my arms and legs, but my two cheeks are red all over and there are only a few bumps. What can help that?
How did it help? Do you have KP on your face?

yes i have it on my cheeks, arms (and embarrassingly; buttocks).

Quick Reply