The Student Room Group

Is your university going online due to Coronavirus?

Scroll to see replies

Sunderland have stopped placements for first year nursing students
need to know about Leeds? is it closed?
Original post by spathak5
need to know about Leeds? is it closed?

If you go there they should have emailed you about it. If you don't go there, why do you care?
Reply 83
Original post by CoolCavy
Just had an email saying the uni is open as normal unless told otherwise. It's Easter break soon so if it does close hopefully it will be during that.
Even if it closes next month that would be better than now as I have imminent deadlines and need the software :redface:

Is it possible for you to get the software on your own computer? The uni really should accommodate your needs and generally most software you would require should be available to you. If it isn’t normally available, it may be worth contacting them, they may be more flexible under the current circumstances. You may need to self-isolate or become unwell and therefore be unable to attend campus. If this was to happen and the software wasn’t available though, I’d certainly hope they’d give you an extension or consider special circumstances.
coz I have important work stuck there and I am in faraway land. so just asking if someone can give an insight
Reply 85
Update about UoM:

20200313_181901-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Email to the entire uni from the president.
University of Sheffield student here.

Absolutely nothing from uni, apart from my school which has announced discussions amongst senior members next week. Basically I'm meant to carry on as normal until that point. But one of my lectures which normally has 80+ people in it had less than 30 and I'm sure it'll be even quieter on Monday.

I commute on trains so I'll see how the weekend pans out and I think I'll have to do some serious rethinking.
(edited 4 years ago)
Aberdeen Uni adds to the list of closures - expect RGU my uni to follow probably
I’m guessing that Unis are at pains to stress they remain open, despite teaching going online (where it has) so that it negates the need to give refunds for accommodation etc...
DMU refusing to shut down - I'm not going in and risking the commute putting vulnerable members of my family at risk.
Original post by Simbasoul
I’m guessing that Unis are at pains to stress they remain open, despite teaching going online (where it has) so that it negates the need to give refunds for accommodation etc...

I mean tbf if the accommodation remains open even if the uni is closed then they can argue the service paid for is provided so no refunds...it's more tuition fees I think especially after the strikes!
#SotonReprezent

Union has just cancelled Varsity with Uni of Portsmouth this year :redface:
SUSU going on holiday hours next week. Such a shame :frown:

Original post by MidgetFever
My university haven't announced closure, I partly hope they don't either.

It's bad enough having an entire month knocked off of teaching because of the strikes, if it's closed for another few weeks then we've barely had any teaching for this semester's modules. Nothing in place to take account of it either.

this!!!
I'm so so lucky to have hardly been affected by strikes but so many of my friends are absolutely furious about this.
Reminds me of 2 years ago a similar situation but instead of covid-19 it was snow :tongue:
Sadly, it is nowhere near the peak and to think otherwise would be foolish.
Reply 93
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Reminds me of 2 years ago a similar situation but instead of covid-19 it was snow :tongue:

snowvid-17 :beard:
@04MR17

I can confirm University of Nottingham has announced stopping physical lectures, seminars etc from Monday (23rd) but the facilities eg. Library, are still open for now.

8020130F-1EBC-422A-A8E1-B15043240023.jpeg
(edited 4 years ago)
Why do you think a majority of university students haven't caught it yet? We have all been on strike for 3 weeks, basically in isolation. Come next week we will be seeing an increase of cases, guaranteed.
Original post by gypjh
UCL and LSE no lectures on campus from Monday. KCL is carrying on but expects no lectures Monday 23rd onwards

same at QMUL
Original post by HarryOnTap
Why do you think a majority of university students haven't caught it yet? We have all been on strike for 3 weeks, basically in isolation. Come next week we will be seeing an increase of cases, guaranteed.

Not all unis were on strike and it only hit the UK recently hence why not many have caught it yet
Birkbeck just sent out emails saying all face-to-face teaching currently cancelled. Exams taking place this month to start of April have been cancelled also. We've been told the uni will continue to review the situation and update us on what will happen.
Reply 99
89821044_319041535721116_6703116241520820224_n.png
I'll leave this here

Quick Reply

Latest