The Student Room Group

Presentation

Hi guys,

I have to do a presentation in a few weeks, and for some reason I always get really nervous and talk really fast?

Has anyone got any tips that can help with this?

Thanks
Im the exact same don't worry.

Just try talking a little slower
Breathe slowly
Don't look anyone in the eyes - Try maybe putting 5 blobs of blu tack round the room, just above where peoples heads will be, and look at the dots instead of actual people
Reply 2
Thankyou!

That’s such a good idea! Think I will try that :smile:
Original post by Moeshaez1
Thankyou!

That’s such a good idea! Think I will try that :smile:

No problem! Hope it all goes well for you
Nervousness = the lack of confidence (and it's totally okay; you can't imagine how many people are afraid of speaking in public). The best way to feel more confident? Rehearsing your speech as many times as you can! You can even try recording it so that you could work on your voice at home. On the stage, the point is to feel relaxed and comfortable. Come early, explore the place, talk to people you are going to present to. No panic! Present like you're telling something fun to your best friends. You can check more tips in this article, they helped me personally!
Reply 5
Thankyou so much! This is really helpful :smile:!
dvvd
I do this too! One thing that helped me was to focus on enunciating, which made me slow down for some reason, and like Crimson7777777 said, don't look anyone in the eye. Try setting a specific pace when you memorize it so you know the cadence and pauses for presenting it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending