The Student Room Group

St Andrews A100 / Gateway 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fezza101
I just received my email, but I says I’m starting year 2 of four? Do you think it’s a mistake? 4B62FA89-E76E-488C-9AC9-401881331858.png

I emailed them earlier as mine said the same thing which confused me but no reply as of yet obviously assume they are really busy with offers and rejections at the minute
Original post by Yasmin bennett
I emailed them earlier as mine said the same thing which confused me but no reply as of yet obviously assume they are really busy with offers and rejections at the minute

I was wondering the same thing, and I reckon it's because it's because they normally do 4 year degrees, but obviously medicine is 3 (at st Andrew's), so it just says entering year 2 of 4.
Reply 22
Original post by Oscarsk123
I was wondering the same thing, and I reckon it's because it's because they normally do 4 year degrees, but obviously medicine is 3 (at st Andrew's), so it just says entering year 2 of 4.

I received an email reply from them yesterday that said the medicine is a 3 year course as we all knew and we start in year 1 and the email is just a standard template which is why it says 2 of 4 to represent the fact it is only 3 years, hope this clarifies it for everyone
Reply 23
Anyone attending the StA offer holders' day on 4th April?
Original post by Mumrah
Anyone attending the StA offer holders' day on 4th April?

I will be 🙋🏾*♀️. I’m travelling from London, how about you?
Reply 25

We are travelling from northern England on the Friday - driving - yikes! It's my son that has the offer. Have you been before (other than interview day)? We plan to Consider accommodation and hopefully have a few extra questions answered. Not sure yet whether StA will be firm - only because my son is waiting for other replies. It's always been neck and neck with another uni to date - both liked for different reasons. How about you? We won't add to the diversity thought - but will definitely be looking for a good curry in Dundee. 👩
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mumrah
We are travelling from northern England on the Friday - driving - yikes! It's my son that has the offer. Have you been before (other than interview day)? We plan to Consider accommodation and hopefully have a few extra questions answered. Not sure yet whether StA will be firm - only because my son is waiting for other replies. It's always been neck and neck with another uni to date - both liked for different reasons. How about you? We won't add to the diversity thought - but will definitely be looking for a good curry in Dundee. 👩

Yeah I went for a walking tour because I missed the open days. The offer holder day should be a good time to consolidate whether StA would be a good fit. Right now it’s my firm choice because I loved the course structure.
Yeah I went for a walking tour because I missed the open days. The offer holder day should be a good time to consolidate whether StA would be a good fit. Right now it’s my firm choice because I loved the course structure.

Yeah I'm coming from Manchester. They have an offer day here, but it's only 2 hours and I'm not sure it would give me a good feel for st Andrew's as it's not actually at the university.
Original post by Oscarsk123
Yeah I'm coming from Manchester. They have an offer day here, but it's only 2 hours and I'm not sure it would give me a good feel for st Andrew's as it's not actually at the university.

I would say for the most authentic experience go to the actual university. But it depends on your circumstances.
I would say for the most authentic experience go to the actual university. But it depends on your circumstances.

I was thinking that going the the university is probably better too.
So happy, just got an offer. I thought i failed the MMI!
Reply 31
Original post by Maxi101
So happy, just got an offer. I thought i failed the MMI!

Congrats! I thought mine went terribly too just goes to show! Well done on the offer :smile:
Is anyone attending the offer holders day in Toronto on April 23rd?
Original post by line1234
Is anyone attending the offer holders day in Toronto on April 23rd?

i might
Reply 34
Anyone attending the offer holder day in Dubai on March 10th?
I’ve just firmed by unconditional offer from St. Andrews! Feeling excited
I’ve just firmed by unconditional offer from St. Andrews! Feeling excited

Wow congratulations! I didn't even realise it was possible to get unconditional for medicine
Original post by sarazoltan
Wow congratulations! I didn't even realise it was possible to get unconditional for medicine

It is possible if you have already achieved what would be expected. e.g. if you are a gap year applicant, got your UCAT / GAMSAT (or BMAT, depending on Uni) and already achieved > AAA (or their standard offer) or 2:1 (or their standard offer). Because what else can they give you a conditional offer for, if you have already achieved it?

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 38
I got an offer which i will definitely be firming yesterday!
Reply 39
This appears to be a blended forum with A101 Mature students who are on a very different course structure to the a100 offer holders. 🧐

Can you split and run a ScotGEM offer holders (a101)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending