The Student Room Group

Childcare apprenticeship interview

Hiya, I have a childcare interview with training trust to do an apprenticeship in a nursery. I have no professional experience and have never done an interview before.

I am literally so nervous. Can someone please help me. Could anyone who’s done an apprenticeship interview please inform me of possible questions????
Original post by M.kayy
Hiya, I have a childcare interview with training trust to do an apprenticeship in a nursery. I have no professional experience and have never done an interview before.

I am literally so nervous. Can someone please help me. Could anyone who’s done an apprenticeship interview please inform me of possible questions????

Hey, when is your interview? Sorry you've not had any responses to this.

My apprenticeship interview was my first ever interview so I understand how daunting it can be!

As you've no industry experience, the best thing to do is think of some examples where you've shown transferable skills, such as teamwork, communication etc. These could be times at school/college when you've worked on a project or a hobby you do outside of work that requires commitment or has helped you develop.

Best of luck with your interview and if you've any further questions just let me know and I'll try to help :smile:
The previous reply makes some excellent points. Always support your claims with examples of where you’ve demonstrated personal skills.

The employer will not expect you to answer technical questions for an apprenticeship interview. They may be looking at answering the following questions during the interview:

Is this apprenticeship the right one for you?
Do you demonstrate the interpersonal skills that align with the hiring company?
Do you demonstrate a passion to work for the hiring company and interest in this specific opportunity?
Do you demonstrate a strong self-motivated approach to personal development?
Are you likely to see this apprenticeship through?

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest