The Student Room Group

Close Schools/Colleges down for an appropriate amount of time - Petition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lelux
Bare in mind romania closed down all schools with just 15 cases. Why lockdown the country ? Haha. Because we don’t want a further spread? The closer we get to summer the more space the nhs has to treat people and the more time we have to find a vaccine to cure the victims. Don’t lockdown the country? NHS is going to collapse. The economy is going to collapse long term and a vaccine is needed for even more people.

So close the schools down and whose gonna look after the children when their parents have to earn for a living, their grandparents who are most vulnerable? oh and what about the parents who work for the NHS?
Original post by Treetop321
Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS and UK Government web-pages.

I think this is very important to do. The government doesn't seem to be doing anything and seems to want to wait for the spread of coronavirus to become extremely widespread before doing anything significant. People are at risk and there is very little which is being done at the moment.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300403

signed :smile: heres for hoping lol
Reply 42
Original post by Rock Fan
So close the schools down and whose gonna look after the children when their parents have to earn for a living, their grandparents who are most vulnerable? oh and what about the parents who work for the NHS?

Oh Idk work from home maybe ?! Or even learning what China did in this situation !? It’a not that difficult to analyse the behaviours or other counties on how they deal with the situation.
Original post by Lelux
Oh Idk work from home maybe ?! Or even learning what China did in this situation !? It’a not that difficult to analyse the behaviours or other counties on how they deal with the situation.

I work in a school I can't work from home, oh and China barracks the homes we are not a communist country, we least have human rights, China's record is awful
I work in a school I can't work from home, oh and China barracks the homes we are not a communist country, we least have human rights, China's record is aawful

are you a teacher by any chance?
Original post by 1st superstar
are you a teacher by any chance?

Teaching assistant
Teaching assistant

Then surely you'll get paid even if schools close?
Reply 47
I work in a school I can't work from home, oh and China barracks the homes we are not a communist country, we least have human rights, China's record is awful

1. you still get paid when you leave your work to isolate and such
2. even teachers in schools work from home by setting work online and marking via email...
3. we aren’t a communist country but does that mean we should just let the virus spread to 60% of the population and sacrifice so many lives? this ideology is messed if you want to start with good records.
i’m 18 and very, very vulnerable. I’ve been ill for almost five years and on top of that I’m on meds that suppress my immune system a great deal. My school is already online, that’s the only way I have been able to do my A levels (a clear example that it is possible to teach effectively online) and if my 14 year old sister continues to go to school and brings the virus into the house it is risking my life. The school has told my parents to “do what’s right for our family”, but if she’s off her absences will be unauthorised under current rules which is ridiculous.
Original post by 1st superstar
Then surely you'll get paid even if schools close?

Not when you work through an agency
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
signed :smile: heres for hoping lol

Did you hear about Italy? Some schools have been closed for three weeks. Great for the first week, then people were confinded to houses. So some have now been stuck indoors for 2 weeks. And that is what you want?
Original post by ByEeek
Did you hear about Italy? Some schools have been closed for three weeks. Great for the first week, then people were confinded to houses. So some have now been stuck indoors for 2 weeks. And that is what you want?

I ain't signing it don't wanna be like China and and being forced to stay in our house for week s
Id rather be in school. most people signing it probably just want a day off. you're going to get it anyway whether you go to school or not....
Reply 53
Not when you work through an agency

I ain't signing it don't wanna be like China and and being forced to stay in our house for week s

“i don’t want to” “i want freedom” “this is a democratic country”.... we’ve heard it all. don’t be like china and pass this onto your parents and grandparents and anyone who has a health condition or the elderly. stop being so selfish about not being let out, being confined etc ???? and you have yet to reply to my previous comment i directed towards you as I am still curious in your replies x
Original post by Lelux
“i don’t want to” “i want freedom” “this is a democratic country”.... we’ve heard it all. don’t be like china and pass this onto your parents and grandparents and anyone who has a health condition or the elderly. stop being so selfish about not being let out, being confined etc ???? and you have yet to reply to my previous comment i directed towards you as I am still curious in your replies x

ha well to be honest I will defy it anyway plus no cases here in this part of the county as long as I got no symptoms I will be going out and about
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 55
ha well to be honest I will defy it anyway plus no cases here in this part of the county as long as I got no symptoms I will be going out and about

Obviously?? at the end of the day its your own health I could care less lol its your choice whether you want to catch it or not. whereabouts in the UK since the only area without any confirmed cases is down south west... of course if you have symptoms you won't be going out because that is just plain ignorance and selfishness.
My biggest with schools closing is who looks after the kids? There is no way the government help families out financially, so parents who cannot work from home would be relying on grandparents who you do not want around kids who may have COVID-19.
Original post by Lelux
Obviously?? at the end of the day its your own health I could care less lol its your choice whether you want to catch it or not. whereabouts in the UK since the only area without any confirmed cases is down south west... of course if you have symptoms you won't be going out because that is just plain ignorance and selfishness.

Central Bedfordshire, even if I get the virus I will get over it the flu two years ago was far worse
Central Bedfordshire, even if I get the virus I will get over it the flu two years ago was far worse

that’s a very selfish view point, as you could pass it on to someone who is very vulnerable and they could die from it. You may “get over it” but someone like me wouldn’t and it’s people like you that will cause so many deaths.
Original post by awkwardpenguin22
that’s a very selfish view point, as you could pass it on to someone who is very vulnerable and they could die from it. You may “get over it” but someone like me wouldn’t and it’s people like you that will cause so many deaths.

Never said I'd go out if I was unwell

Quick Reply