The Student Room Group

I have Autism - AMA

because I have autism I doubt I’ll go far in life. I won’t be able to get married - that’s what hurts me the most because I would really want to in the future but no girl is going to want to marry an autistic person.

Scroll to see replies

how "strong" is your autism.
i know that its a spectrum. but that doesn't give very much insight.

Do you find it more difficult to talk to people?
Reply 2
Original post by FAZE Phluid
how "strong" is your autism.
i know that its a spectrum. but that doesn't give very much insight.

Do you find it more difficult to talk to people?

It’s sever in the sense of social interaction, I’m not intellectually hindered by it.
Original post by Anonymous
It’s sever in the sense of social interaction, I’m not intellectually hindered by it.

would you say that you fit into the smart and awkward stereotype?
Reply 4
Original post by FAZE Phluid
would you say that you fit into the smart and awkward stereotype?

Slightly, I’m not book-smart but I’m smart observationally, my social anxiety is through the roof sometimes as well.
People on all ends of the spectrum date so don't be worried about not being with someone currently, most great things happen when you least expect it.
Does having ASD affect your life much?
Have you ever been discriminated against due having Autism?
Why did you start a thread about how you feel like you're not going to get married? Doesn't autism affect social skills to the point where you may not fit in a country club?!
because I have autism I doubt I’ll go far in life. I won’t be able to get married - that’s what hurts me the most because I would really want to in the future but no girl is going to want to marry an autistic person.

I have ASD and have a great relationship. My BF doesn't have ASD, he's just open minded and listens to what I say to try and understand me. It just takes the right person :smile:
Original post by 1st superstar
Does having ASD affect your life much?

Yes and yes. Bullied all my life for being something I can’t change.

I’m lonely and have no friends. I probably won’t get a job or get married.
Why did you start a thread about how you feel like you're not going to get married? Doesn't autism affect social skills to the point where you may not fit in a country club?!

Yes but I’m probably not as severe as that.
Original post by SharkMan177
People on all ends of the spectrum date so don't be worried about not being with someone currently, most great things happen when you least expect it.

When I’m at my deepest darkest moments in life? All alone and homeless?

I’m so lonely and depressed as well because of having no friends and being bullied all throughout life and school.
Reply 14

Hi, I'm also autistic (although it hasn't had a significant impact on me since I was very small), and I'm curious to know why you automatically say that no girl is going to want to marry me simply based on the fact that I'm autistic? That's quite a large generalization to throw around, I thought as an autistic person you would know that we don't all fit the same societal stereotype....
Original post by Zoqua
Hi, I'm also autistic (although it hasn't had a significant impact on me since I was very small), and I'm curious to know why you automatically say that no girl is going to want to marry me simply based on the fact that I'm autistic? That's quite a large generalization to throw around, I thought as an autistic person you would know that we don't all fit the same societal stereotype....

My report says that it would have a severe impact on my life.
Yes and yes. Bullied all my life for being something I can’t change.

I’m lonely and have no friends. I probably won’t get a job or get married.

Oh dear
Oh dear

What?
What?

As in I feel sorry for what your going through
As in I feel sorry for what your going through

It’s just terrible that I’m bullied for something that I can never fully get rid of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending