The Student Room Group

Dyson Institute 2020 degree apprenticeship

hi, is anyone else in the application process of the Dyson institute of engineering and technology? I had my phone interview on tuesday and was wondering who else had one, what subjects applicants are doing and what other things people are looking at doing next year : )
I am! How did you find the interview?
I'm studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths, what about you?
Reply 2
Original post by marykateflynn12
I am! How did you find the interview?
I'm studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Maths, what about you?

I had Alice I think, and she was really nice and easy to talk to and made me feel really comfortable. I think it went okay, though I probably came off quite nervous haha. Also have since thought of many responses to questions that would have been better, but I'm sure I'm not alone there. Have you had yours yet?
And I'm studying Physics, Maths and Spanish. Not quite as intensive as yours lol
Original post by Lucy._.R
I had Alice I think, and she was really nice and easy to talk to and made me feel really comfortable. I think it went okay, though I probably came off quite nervous haha. Also have since thought of many responses to questions that would have been better, but I'm sure I'm not alone there. Have you had yours yet?
And I'm studying Physics, Maths and Spanish. Not quite as intensive as yours lol

Awh, I'm sure it went fine! I had mine last last Tuesday and I think it went alright - the guy kept saying I had good answers (hopefully it's a good sign!)
Reply 4
Awh, I'm sure it went fine! I had mine last last Tuesday and I think it went alright - the guy kept saying I had good answers (hopefully it's a good sign!)

that's good to hear, well done! keep me updated if you hear back about the assessment day too : )
what else are you looking at doing next year if not dyson?
that's good to hear, well done! keep me updated if you hear back about the assessment day too : )
what else are you looking at doing next year if not dyson?

Uni, I’m planning to do Aeronautical Engineering but still waiting for my unis to give me offers!!! What about you?
Reply 6
Uni, I’m planning to do Aeronautical Engineering but still waiting for my unis to give me offers!!! What about you?

oh cool, good luck!! I've firmed my offer for mechanical engineering at uni of nottingham x
oh cool, good luck!! I've firmed my offer for mechanical engineering at uni of nottingham x

well done! I'm waiting for Imperial and Bristol to reach a decision :frown: When do you think we'll find out about Dyson?
Reply 8
oh i applied to imperial and bristol too and was still waiting for a response but i knew i preferred nottingham anyway so i just withdrew my applications to those two so i could accept my other offers. on the phone interview she said we’d hear back about the assessment day when they’d finished the phone interviews which would be the 20th march at the latest, and then after that (fingers crossed) we’d hear a final decision by the end of april...
oh i applied to imperial and bristol too and was still waiting for a response but i knew i preferred nottingham anyway so i just withdrew my applications to those two so i could accept my other offers. on the phone interview she said we’d hear back about the assessment day when they’d finished the phone interviews which would be the 20th march at the latest, and then after that (fingers crossed) we’d hear a final decision by the end of april...

Ahh awesome!! I hope we’ll hear sooner, though I think the Coronavirus might cause issues for the meeting day in Easter hols :/
Reply 10
Ahh awesome!! I hope we’ll hear sooner, though I think the Coronavirus might cause issues for the meeting day in Easter hols :/

yeah it's making me kind of nervous, not sure what's going to happen. it all feels kind of dystopian haha
Hey guys! I've applied as well to the Institute and had my interview last week too. Think it went well, the guy said my answers were good and it almost felt as if it was just a conversation with him telling me about how amazing Dyson is! Anyways, I started a thread a while ago on the program if you want to have a look, some others have given their opinions on the interview:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6357000

(btw I'm studying Maths, Physics, Biology and Further Maths, hoping to do this or study General Engineering at uni)
Reply 12
Original post by domiboggy
Hey guys! I've applied as well to the Institute and had my interview last week too. Think it went well, the guy said my answers were good and it almost felt as if it was just a conversation with him telling me about how amazing Dyson is! Anyways, I started a thread a while ago on the program if you want to have a look, some others have given their opinions on the interview:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6357000

(btw I'm studying Maths, Physics, Biology and Further Maths, hoping to do this or study General Engineering at uni)

ah thanks so much!! good to hear it went well for yo, well done. good luck with the next stage :smile:
I also applied. Interview went great tbh. I asked my person quite a lot of questions about dyson that I had and didn’t stumble too much on the questions they asked me. Wby guys? Really want the degree apprenticeship
Also how much did u guys prepare for it ? I did a lot of reading about the company and planned for almost all the questions they asked to be honest
yeah it's making me kind of nervous, not sure what's going to happen. it all feels kind of dystopian haha

Omg just got an email! I’m through to next stage but the assessment day is not gonna take place during the dates they were planned ://
I Haven’t heard back yet ... ahh I’m nervous
Omg just got an email! I’m through to next stage but the assessment day is not gonna take place during the dates they were planned ://

Me too! I’m through to the next stage. Wonder what they will do with the assessment day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending