The Student Room Group

Edinburgh A100 / MBChB for HCP 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hello_world1234
Hey guys! I’m a bit late to the party haha! I’ve finally heard from all my unis and I think I may firm Edinburgh, however I’m a bit unsure because stats from previous years shows they don’t take many graduates. So was just wondering if any graduates will be firming edinburgh and what yous plan on doing for accommodation?

I don’t know about how many grads they have previously taken on , but im a grad and firming Edinburgh. Accommodation is tricky as I was first considering private but I can’t go to viewings so probably gonna end up in uni halls.
Original post by Yusuf950
I don’t know about how many grads they have previously taken on , but im a grad and firming Edinburgh. Accommodation is tricky as I was first considering private but I can’t go to viewings so probably gonna end up in uni halls.

From the statistics on their website it’s been about 10 grads per year 😳 yeah see I am not so keen on the idea of going into halls, so would prefer to rent, but I’m sorta in a similar situation to you!
From the statistics on their website it’s been about 10 grads per year 😳 yeah see I am not so keen on the idea of going into halls, so would prefer to rent, but I’m sorta in a similar situation to you!

Hopefully with the interviews this year they have offered more places to grads. Generally not alot of grads apply for the undergrad course so its understandable i suppose. Have been to look at a few private places or have u applied to uni accommodation?
Original post by Yusuf950
Hopefully with the interviews this year they have offered more places to grads. Generally not alot of grads apply for the undergrad course so its understandable i suppose. Have been to look at a few private places or have u applied to uni accommodation?

Well I’ve not yet decided if I’m definitely firming Edinburgh yet! But I am definitely leaning towards it! I’d prefer not to rent on my own tho so might wait and see if many more grads decide to firm edin and see if anyone would be keen to get a flat
Well I’ve not yet decided if I’m definitely firming Edinburgh yet! But I am definitely leaning towards it! I’d prefer not to rent on my own tho so might wait and see if many more grads decide to firm edin and see if anyone would be keen to get a flat

I like this idea.
Original post by Wonder1984
I like this idea.

Are you planning on firming edin and looking for a flat mate too?🤪
Reply 46
Does anyone know when the start date for welcome week is? (when we have to move in by)
Reply 48
Which accommodation is closest to where we’ll be having lectures? X
What accomodation is everyone applying to? I'm keen to be in self catered so i wasnt going to apply to pollock - where else are people applying to?
Reply 50
Original post by cookiesandcream5
What accomodation is everyone applying to? I'm keen to be in self catered so i wasnt going to apply to pollock - where else are people applying to?

I ended up applying to Salisbury court, Brae house and Warrender park crescent. I ideally would prefer an en-suite but most of that accomodation seems to be quite far from the uni so decided I would rather share than rely on a bus :smile: so I suppose it just depends what your priorities are!
Reply 51
Hi everyone, I was wondering if people could tell me what made them firm Edinburgh. I’m really struggling to decide where to firm and I just wanted to see things from other people’s perspectives!
Original post by AM2001
Hi everyone, I was wondering if people could tell me what made them firm Edinburgh. I’m really struggling to decide where to firm and I just wanted to see things from other people’s perspectives!

I think for me it's the city and location! Whilst I'm from Exeter so it is a bit of a trek! It's near the sea and mountains and that to me is so important! (even if it is freezing!) I love the structure of the course and the fact that it is a capital city so there is lots going on. Look at some pictures of Edinburgh and I promise you you'll want to study there... Plus Nicola Sturgeon is really cool and scottland seems like a good option at the moment!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 53
What are peoples thoughts on the start date. Do we think the course will begin in September on time?
Scottish school leaver, got my exam results today and met my conditional! 🥳 has anybody received their PVG form yet? I remember them emailing about the delay due to COVID, but I’m just a bit nervous waiting on it coming in
Original post by Heatherllll
Scottish school leaver, got my exam results today and met my conditional! 🥳 has anybody received their PVG form yet? I remember them emailing about the delay due to COVID, but I’m just a bit nervous waiting on it coming in

congrats where u expecting those grades that you received or did u get better than expected aswell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending