The Student Room Group

Boris will have to be ejected

As each day of the crisis develops, it becomes more and more clear that Boris Xavier Pfaffle Johnson is utterly unfit to be Prime Minister, is incable of governing in our interests and is a corrupt representative of a corrupt class of offshored super-rich. He is a lazy, self-absorbed dilettante, incompetent and hateful.

We need urgent action in the highest levels of the establishment to tip him out and get someone in who can cope. Jeremy Hunt has demonstrated a level head, as has Hilary Benn and the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak. Overall I think we need a temporary National Government with one of those people, or similar, as PM.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrew97
That won’t happen.

This time next week, or in a fortnight? The clamour will grow. Already more than 65% of the country thinks he's doing a terrible job.
*shrug* We knew this before we elected him. He's hardly going to step down of his own will.
If there is serious dissatisfaction with Boris than a no confidence vote will be called. There isn't one so I think we can assume most people think Boris is doing a good job.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
If there is serious dissatisfaction with Boris than a no confidence vote will be called. There isn't one so I think we can assume most people think Boris is doing a good job.

It won't last and they definitely don't.
I have said this on previous threads and I will say it again. I agree thus far with the UKs reaction to this virus. I do see shutdowns coming, and that’s fine, I would agree with that, at that time. However, I firmly believe that all of the decisions that have been made so far have been based on his ego, and nothing else. The fact that we haven’t shut down so far to me if far more about BJ showing the world that we are the UK and we are great, rather than being rooted in public safety. That’s what’s happen when the British public naively elect an overgrown bafoon as PM.
Reply 7
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It won't last and they definitely don't.

Reply 8
Also the idea of requiring a national government is foolish, Labour are a bunch of treasonous lunatics right now.
This time next week, or in a fortnight? The clamour will grow. Already more than 65% of the country thinks he's doing a terrible job.

Over coronavirus they definitely don't as Rakas has shown. They should, because the UK policy is the exact opposite of any sensible one but hey, propaganda kills. Quite literally when you look at the break down by age:

IMG_20200315_115458.png
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Over coronavirus they definitely don't as Rakas has shown. They should, because the UK policy is the exact opposite of any sensible one but hey, propaganda kills. Quite literally when you look at the break down by age:

IMG_20200315_115458.png

I guess part of the calculus will be that old people vote Tory anyway, so why worry? On the other hand, they won't want to lose more than a certain percentage of their voters.
Reply 11

Interesting - can you link to the source? Cant find it.

The Tory loving Observer claimed yesterday that 36% of people activity trusts the PM on CV-19.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/only-36-of-britons-trust-boris-johnson-on-coronavirus-poll-finds&ved=2ahUKEwjp54C8w5zoAhXcSxUIHVy8COsQFjABegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1S2vpjhXBnpNTE9YGw7mCe&cshid=1584277301168

Interesting now more than 65% think he is doing a 'terrible job'. As above, can you send the source which doesn't have the Observer's Boris love in bias?
As each day of the crisis develops, it becomes more and more clear that Boris Xavier Pfaffle Johnson is utterly unfit to be Prime Minister, is incable of governing in our interests and is a corrupt representative of a corrupt class of offshored super-rich. He is a lazy, self-absorbed dilettante, incompetent and hateful.

We need urgent action in the highest levels of the establishment to tip him out and get someone in who can cope. Jeremy Hunt has demonstrated a level head, as has Hilary Benn and the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak. Overall I think we need a temporary National Government with one of those people, or similar, as PM.

Rishi Sunak is indeed eyeing up a promotion like that, it’s obvious.
Reply 13
Original post by imlikeahermit
I have said this on previous threads and I will say it again. I agree thus far with the UKs reaction to this virus. I do see shutdowns coming, and that’s fine, I would agree with that, at that time. However, I firmly believe that all of the decisions that have been made so far have been based on his ego, and nothing else. The fact that we haven’t shut down so far to me if far more about BJ showing the world that we are the UK and we are great, rather than being rooted in public safety. That’s what’s happen when the British public naively elect an overgrown bafoon as PM.

Shinzo Abe got the same ego?
I don't see coronavirus being politically damaging for Johnson.

The majority of people in the UK are statists. They will relish having a big government Conservative party making decisions for them and telling them how to behave.

It's only a minority of us that fear the insidious creep of one nation conservatism.
Reply 15
So, astronomy, theoretical physics, accounting, supply chain management and aeronautics qualify you to comment on national health?
Reply 16
Yet a very weirdly high number of mathematicians.

Personally I think it would have more weight if it was 5-10 heavy hitters, CEO of BUPA, someone from the WHO, medicine sans frontiers etc rather than a list mostly made up of Reader in Geometry and Professor of Astronomy.

The Telegraph article is interesting.
I don't think blaming the fatso will do us any favours, he does not have that much knowledge or authority to deal with this
Reply 18
Original post by Kitten in boots
I don't see coronavirus being politically damaging for Johnson.

The majority of people in the UK are statists. They will relish having a big government Conservative party making decisions for them and telling them how to behave.

It's only a minority of us that fear the insidious creep of one nation conservatism.

If it wipes out most of his voting base of geriatrics he might yet feel the sting.
Original post by Quady
Shinzo Abe got the same ego?

No, he also has made the right decision in regards to the outbreak. If you read my original post you would see that I agree with Britain’s response. My point is, that it won’t have been founded upon any logic, just his massive ego.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending