The Student Room Group

Subliminals to change your facial features - real or fake?

I just found out what subliminals are and I'm fascinated. Can they really change your appearance/ eye colour? just by listening to some affirmative music, drinking water and believing you look like that? I saw some comments on a hazel eye colour video and they said they're eyes went from black brown to a brown while others said they're eyes got lighter?

can you really meditate enough subconsciously to change your genes into being something else?
I'm genuinely interested in trying this but I'm also scared I could be brainwashed as some people say that on some channels, they have hidden evil messages to cause trauma and stuff.

if you have no idea what I'm talking about, search up subliminals :smile:
A few of my friends are into this.
They don't claim that their eye colour has changed, they have developed superpowers or won the lottery.
They say that they feel calmer, happier and healthier.
Their self-esteem has increased and they seem to have a much more positive attitude.
Their eyes look less tired, seem brighter, they don't have dark circles and they sound more hopeful that good luck will find them.

If you get a bad vibe, trust your instincts.
Don't allow yourself to become obsessed, emotionally dependent or spend huge amounts of time on subliminals.
Focus on your goals and view this as one of many possible methods to help you find ways to achieve them.
Original post by SmartUnicorn
I just found out what subliminals are and I'm fascinated. Can they really change your appearance/ eye colour? just by listening to some affirmative music, drinking water and believing you look like that? I saw some comments on a hazel eye colour video and they said they're eyes went from black brown to a brown while others said they're eyes got lighter?

can you really meditate enough subconsciously to change your genes into being something else?
I'm genuinely interested in trying this but I'm also scared I could be brainwashed as some people say that on some channels, they have hidden evil messages to cause trauma and stuff.

I think subliminals can definitely have a psychological effect- putting suggestions into your subconscious etc. I don't see how there's any possible way they could change your eye colour or other genetic features though. I've seen some subliminals on Youtube making some very strange claims about what they can do & I really don't get it.
Original post by Alesha1991
I think subliminals can definitely have a psychological effect- putting suggestions into your subconscious etc. I don't see how there's any possible way they could change your eye colour or other genetic features though. I've seen some subliminals on Youtube making some very strange claims about what they can do & I really don't get it.

Some of the people making these claims are delusional idiots that believe in magical fairies or dark minded individuals who have sinister agendas.
Vicious cult leaders looking for gullible people to control and financially exploit, religious fanatics seeking new converts or the most evil element of lhp (left hand path) movements that revel in sticking two fingers up at the status quo whilst simultaneously inflicting suffering upon innocent strangers.
I don't believe they actually do anything. I remember trying to use them at 1 point tho 🤣

Been using them for years. They did nothing. People who say this stuff about them working have seen a placebo
Original post by londonmyst
A few of my friends are into this.
They don't claim that their eye colour has changed, they have developed superpowers or won the lottery.
They say that they feel calmer, happier and healthier.
Their self-esteem has increased and they seem to have a much more positive attitude.
Their eyes look less tired, seem brighter, they don't have dark circles and they sound more hopeful that good luck will find them.

If you get a bad vibe, trust your instincts.
Don't allow yourself to become obsessed, emotionally dependent or spend huge amounts of time on subliminals.
Focus on your goals and view this as one of many possible methods to help you find ways to achieve them.

Thankyou for the advice! I think I'll use it for my anxiety. also you always give good replies!!
Original post by Alesha1991

yeah I kinda wanted to experiment and try one just to see
Original post by londonmyst
Some of the people making these claims are delusional idiots that believe in magical fairies or dark minded individuals who have sinister agendas.
Vicious cult leaders looking for gullible people to control and financially exploit, religious fanatics seeking new converts or the most evil element of lhp (left hand path) movements that revel in sticking two fingers up at the status quo whilst simultaneously inflicting suffering upon innocent strangers.

that part of subliminals is scary :0
Original post by Obolinda
I don't believe they actually do anything. I remember trying to use them at 1 point tho 🤣

Original post by JIMBO789
Been using them for years. They did nothing. People who say this stuff about them working have seen a placebo

yeah I'm not really sure, I think I'll use it for anxiety and maybe try the eye ones just for fun lol
yeah I'm not really sure, I think I'll use it for anxiety and maybe try the eye ones just for fun lol

By all means go ahead for those stuff. You might get a placebo effect for the former
By all means go ahead for those stuff. You might get a placebo effect for the former

what's that?
what's that?

Placebo means when you do something thinking it will help, your mind would think that it is actually doing something but it just turns out it has no effect. E.g. some people might take a pill thinking it would help their headache. But it actually turned out their pill was just made of sugar. Thus their mind was tricked into thinking they had a remedy
Placebo means when you do something thinking it will help, your mind would think that it is actually doing something but it just turns out it has no effect. E.g. some people might take a pill thinking it would help their headache. But it actually turned out their pill was just made of sugar. Thus their mind was tricked into thinking they had a remedy

ohh

Quick Reply

Latest