The Student Room Group

Good books that have movie or tv series adaptations???

Hiii
I want people to recommend me books that has a movie adaptation. Preferably dystopian but it could be any that has romance or a couple such a hunger games and divergent. Something similar. It would be any genre however I don’t mind. I just want it to be a good book with a movie adaptation or a tv series adaptation.
Hi! Recently Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses series has been made into a series that you can get on iPlayer, it's amazing in the way that it is so controversial yet relevant to today. If you wanted a classic, 1984 is quite an old film now, based on George Orwell's book of the same name - also the inspiration for Big Brother. In the same thinking there's A Clockwork Orange, ridiculously creepy and will play games with your head, not one to watch when you're home alone.

If you're looking to branch out into other genres, Stephen King's novels have nearly all been made into films- It, Pet Semetary etc. There are also a multitude of classics you could watch/read e.g. Little Women, Emma, The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by hopelostindoubt
Hi! Recently Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses series has been made into a series that you can get on iPlayer, it's amazing in the way that it is so controversial yet relevant to today. If you wanted a classic, 1984 is quite an old film now, based on George Orwell's book of the same name - also the inspiration for Big Brother. In the same thinking there's A Clockwork Orange, ridiculously creepy and will play games with your head, not one to watch when you're home alone.

If you're looking to branch out into other genres, Stephen King's novels have nearly all been made into films- It, Pet Semetary etc. There are also a multitude of classics you could watch/read e.g. Little Women, Emma, The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Hope this helps!

Oh thank youu. Also like how do I get into the habit of reading? Like once I read I end up reading for hours but I can’t get myself to actually do it. Also like how long does it take you to read a book?
Harry Potter...
Reply 4
Original post by angelike1
Harry Potter...

I feel like everyone has read Harry Potter 😂😂 I want something more challenging
Original post by SsHh02
I feel like everyone has read Harry Potter 😂😂 I want something more challenging

Kite Runner?
I said HP because most movie-book adaptions are kinda disappointing. Movies tend to skip over a bunch of details.
Reply 6
Original post by angelike1
Kite Runner?
I said HP because most movie-book adaptions are kinda disappointing. Movies tend to skip over a bunch of details.

I like kite runner but I wasn’t my thing. I like books that’s have some sort of romance in them like for example divergent and hunger games if that makes sense
The Hannibal Lecter books by Thomas Harris have been made into several movies and a TV series, they're pretty good
Reply 8
Mortal Engines

Also there’s an Artemis Fowl movie coming soon, if it doesn’t get delayed like many movies are right now.
Original post by SsHh02
Hiii
I want people to recommend me books that has a movie adaptation. Preferably dystopian but it could be any that has romance or a couple such a hunger games and divergent. Something similar. It would be any genre however I don’t mind. I just want it to be a good book with a movie adaptation or a tv series adaptation.

There's "The Darkest Minds" by Alexander Bracken (turned into a movie last year or so!) and "The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending