The Student Room Group

UEA A100 / A104 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cerysw70
There’s is so much student support! We have student wellbeing services, advice(su), embedded school support teams... the list goes on! There is so much support.

As for OSCEs! First year OSCEs are formative! This means they don’t count to your grade! In second-fourth years you will have OSCEs that count.

Thanks for all the insight - do you know how people tend to find them
Original post by DGeorge13
Thanks for all the insight - do you know how people tend to find them

Some people think they’re great, some people hate them. It all depends on the individual.
Original post by cerysw70
Some people think they’re great, some people hate them. It all depends on the individual.

That’s exactly like how I would have expected it - thanks for clarifying
Does anyone know if there is parking at any UEA accommodations?
Original post by MedicH20
Does anyone know if there is parking at any UEA accommodations?

Parking is not available on campus if you’re living there. It’s very expensive if you were to choose to park there.

If it’s for moving in then yes there is the chance to park around the accommodations to move it.

Parking permits are available for those with limited mobility
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 25
With the announcement of school closure and the suspension of exams in May/June what are the implication for those with conditional offers?
Original post by Krachie
With the announcement of school closure and the suspension of exams in May/June what are the implication for those with conditional offers?

No one knows. If it's UCAS predicted grades (hopefully not) then it will in effect turn all conditional into unconditional, because most of you would have got AAA predicted anyway to be eligible for an offer.

We will hear more in due course.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 27
Do you think offers could be removed/revoked? Usually they give out more offers than places as they know people will not meet the required grades on results day and so they compensate for this. But now, if everyone gets their predicted grades, there will be far more people with offers than there are places. How could they address this? I’m a grad and my exams are still going ahead as planned but online lol so just wondering if that could happen?
Spoke to admissions today as I have an unconditional being a graduate.Those with unconditional offers have definite places. But ofcourse as stated by the email, there is an uncertainty with how places will be allocated but a fair system will be in place.
Good luck everyone. UEA is an amazing uni and has always been somewhere I have rated very highly. Today I made the decision to firm and insure some of my other choices so I will be bowing out of this thread now. The emails from UEA today were somewhat reassuring that they are all lovely.
Reply 30
How many offers too many do you think they have given out?
Reply 31
Original post by Ccxrx
How many offers too many do you think they have given out?

These were previous years statistics. I think this year they said at interviews they planned to give 500-550 offers? So depends how many people accept/reject from there and how many places they have this year
Reply 32
Original post by MedicH20
Spoke to admissions today as I have an unconditional being a graduate.Those with unconditional offers have definite places. But ofcourse as stated by the email, there is an uncertainty with how places will be allocated but a fair system will be in place.

I’m a grad too with a conditional offer, will be finishing my degree this summer. My university is teaching online and I should be still receiving a grade, I’m hoping this means my offer won’t be revoked?
Reply 33
Original post by LREP98
These were previous years statistics. I think this year they said at interviews they planned to give 500-550 offers? So depends how many people accept/reject from there and how many places they have this year

These are stats for M100 - Law. Could you find any information about firmed offers for Med?
Reply 34
Original post by Mel242
These are stats for M100 - Law. Could you find any information about firmed offers for Med?

Oh right yeah sorry 🤣 I’ll look later
Reply 35
Original post by Alihiii
I’m a grad too with a conditional offer, will be finishing my degree this summer. My university is teaching online and I should be still receiving a grade, I’m hoping this means my offer won’t be revoked?

I’m in the exact same position as you aha
Original post by sliding doors
Hey I am also a grad would be keen to look at places in the city! See you guys at the open day?

Hey guys, I'm also a grad that would be happy to live off campus, if you haven't decided already. :smile:
Reply 37
Has anyone applied for accomodation already? Struggling to chose one
I have, i put single ziggurat as my first choice
Original post by xdodox
Has anyone applied for accomodation already? Struggling to chose one
Hi guys, I’m applying for accommodation having firmed UEA, stuck between on campus and off campus village... any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending