The Student Room Group

English literature-quotes

Ways to memorize quotes especially for Macbeth,Jekyll Hyde, and inspector calls?
Hi, I moved your thread to a more relevant forum :h: For me, I learnt the quotes through quizlet and I categorise them into wide topics then narrowed it further which I categorise again so I knew the difference between them
Flashcards all the way. Write your quote on one side and keywords from it on the other. First, read the quote several times aloud. Then flip the card over and use the keywords to jog your memory. Finally, hide the card and see if you can remember!
Original post by PetitePanda
Hi, I moved your thread to a more relevant forum :h: For me, I learnt the quotes through quizlet and I categorise them into wide topics then narrowed it further which I categorise again so I knew the difference between them

Thanks for moving the forum:smile:
Also i LOVE quizlet for quotes and learning vocab in french!!

Do you have any recommendations?

:smile: Thanks for replying by the way!!
Original post by iammelissa
Flashcards all the way. Write your quote on one side and keywords from it on the other. First, read the quote several times aloud. Then flip the card over and use the keywords to jog your memory. Finally, hide the card and see if you can remember!

Yes i love flashcards for quotes!!

I like the way you say hide the card , i do something similar...

I lay all the cards on the stairs as i go down i say the quote.. if i'm right i pick the card and carry on down the stairs but if i'm wrong i have to put all the cards back and go back up and start again even if the last one was wrong-i have to start again!
Original post by kittyfifi123456
Thanks for moving the forum:smile:
Also i LOVE quizlet for quotes and learning vocab in french!!

Do you have any recommendations?

:smile: Thanks for replying by the way!!

Wdym recommendations?
Wdym recommendations?

is there any flashcards on quizlet that you would recommend that are made by users. for example i like tmunrolMFL for french revision cards on quizlet..
is there any flashcards on quizlet that you would recommend that are made by users. for example i like tmunrolMFL for french revision cards on quizlet..

Idk any because i just make my own I'm sorry
Idk any because i just make my own I'm sorry

are your cards seen by yourself only or is it publicly seen-hope it makes sense?
By the way, you don't need to apologize! :smile:
are your cards seen by yourself only or is it publicly seen-hope it makes sense?
By the way, you don't need to apologize! :smile:

It can be both but I used my own cards because I can make them personal to me
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending