The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York offer holders

who’s going to their offer holders day for politics tmw :smile:))
I went on Saturday the 8th and was in the politics department for global development it was really good hope you enjoy x
University of York
York
Original post by alice0502
I went on Saturday the 8th and was in the politics department for global development it was really good hope you enjoy x

was it just one lecture? what sort of stuff did you do xx
Original post by izziwills2002
was it just one lecture? what sort of stuff did you do xx

I’m the morning it’s the general talks then in the afternoon they did a general talk about my course, a mini lecture and a seminar where we did a group thing then they did a mini tour of campus based around the politics department and it ended with cake and an opportunity to talk to lecturers. This was for global development though not politics
I’m the morning it’s the general talks then in the afternoon they did a general talk about my course, a mini lecture and a seminar where we did a group thing then they did a mini tour of campus based around the politics department and it ended with cake and an opportunity to talk to lecturers. This was for global development though not politics

yeah the plan thing we got in the post sounds exactly like that, did you go with your parents or not?
yeah the plan thing we got in the post sounds exactly like that, did you go with your parents or not?

I went with my mum but she skipped out on the parent talks
Did you have a good day? x
Did you have a good day? x

yeah it went alright xx we had those mini lectures and seminar then a tour, it was quite busy so i got lost a few times 😂are you going to firm york?
I went with my mum but she skipped out on the parent talks

Did your mum go with you instead or do her own thing if she didn’t do parents talk
Original post by Anonymous
Did your mum go with you instead or do her own thing if she didn’t do parents talk

this isn’t directed at me but i’ll answer anyway 😂personally we were a bit late to the day, we got there at 11:30 (may have got lost on the buses haha), parents stayed for an hour or 2 and looked around, and then they left to go to york outlet for the afternoon. i just made my own way once the afternoon programme had finished and met them after

My mum went and sat in a cafe in the library
yeah it went alright xx we had those mini lectures and seminar then a tour, it was quite busy so i got lost a few times 😂are you going to firm york?

Yeah I’ve firmed them with reading as my insurance, wbu? x
Yeah I’ve firmed them with reading as my insurance, wbu? x

haven’t decided yet, it’s mainly between york and newcastle but i haven’t really visited newcastle much cause it’s so far away,
honestly i think i’m just going to firm york and then northumbria as back up
Offer holder day at York cancelled. To be emailed shortly.
Reply 14
Offer holder day at York cancelled. To be emailed shortly.

How do you know? 😊
Original post by Zoe662
How do you know? 😊

I sent a message via Facebook messenger and they told me it was cancelled and that we’d get an email from Admissions about it soon. They are trying to get something planned via online for us but it’ll not be the same. If I don’t hear from adms by email then I’ll email them on wed to make sure. Gutted!
Reply 16
I sent a message via Facebook messenger and they told me it was cancelled and that we’d get an email from Admissions about it soon. They are trying to get something planned via online for us but it’ll not be the same. If I don’t hear from adms by email then I’ll email them on wed to make sure. Gutted!

Oh no! Thanks for telling me as I was worried it was going to be cancelled. Been looking forward to it for months :frown: Was bound to happen though given the current situation
Original post by Zoe662
Oh no! Thanks for telling me as I was worried it was going to be cancelled. Been looking forward to it for months :frown: Was bound to happen though given the current situation

Yeah me too especially as I got a slight change in course so really wanted to go. If I hear anymore I’ll post again.
Reply 18
Yeah me too especially as I got a slight change in course so really wanted to go. If I hear anymore I’ll post again.

Okay, thank you
Original post by Zoe662
Okay, thank you

Defo cancelled - received email this afternoon saying they’ll send us something online but no offer days being held now

Quick Reply

Latest