The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Callum1245629
Well done on you offer.

You should receive an offer notification by email from Glasgow Uni which explains this in more detail however, if you have just got your offer it can take a few weeks to get the email from when track updates.

For the medical form, you have to fill out an occupational heath form and then either email it or post it to Glasgow occupational health unit. The form can be found here: http://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/occupationalhealthunit/students/mvls/

For the PVG (criminal background check) they will send you a form in early June to complete.

For the grade verification, you should have already given them certified copies of your qualifications and ID at the interview.

Hope that helps.

Do you know what to do for the vaccination questions on the occupational health form? I was vaccinated at school but I am not sure my school has record of when, nor do I think my GP does. Any ideas?
Original post by AfricanDream
Do you know what to do for the vaccination questions on the occupational health form? I was vaccinated at school but I am not sure my school has record of when, nor do I think my GP does. Any ideas?

Your GP should have access to all vaccination records as your national record is updated even when you have them at school. I called mine up yesterday and they're posting them in the next few days as I obviously can't go to the practice at the moment.
Original post by AC965739263
Your GP should have access to all vaccination records as your national record is updated even when you have them at school. I called mine up yesterday and they're posting them in the next few days as I obviously can't go to the practice at the moment.

Thank you so much!! Is this in Scotland? I will contact my GP practice to see if I can get them to send me my records. :smile:
Thank you so much!! Is this in Scotland? I will contact my GP practice to see if I can get them to send me my records. :smile:

I'm in England but I assume it's the same process
Original post by AC965739263
I'm in England but I assume it's the same process

I just got through to them, they said to call back tomorrow but she didn't seem to think that they would have record of the vaccinations which I received at school. Lol, not very helpful then as the only vaccines I received since moving to Scotland in high school (besides the flu vaccine) took place at school. I will call again tomorrow, fingers crossed they will have the information I need. I am currently on my second gap year so I am going to contact my former school to see if they might still have any records of my vaccines. I am looking into this quite early as I am not sure that I have had all the vaccines and if I haven't or can't get any records of those I have had, it might be a nightmare to try and get the vaccinations again now with all that is going on at the moment.
(edited 4 years ago)
What accommodation is everyone considering?
I just got through to them, they said to call back tomorrow but she didn't seem to think that they would have record of the vaccinations which I received at school. Lol, not very helpful then as the only vaccines I received since moving to Scotland in high school (besides the flu vaccine) took place at school. I will call again tomorrow, fingers crossed they will have the information I need. I am currently on my second gap year so I am going to contact my former school to see if they might still have any records of my vaccines. I am looking into this quite early as I am not sure that I have had all the vaccines and if I haven't or can't get any records of those I have had, it might be a nightmare to try and get the vaccinations again now with all that is going on at the moment.

Good plan, I hope you get it sorted
Reply 47
Original post by Murrinn123

Some things I found...
Reply 48
Original post by Murrinn123

Some things I found..
Hi, I'm an international and I was just wondering, is IELTS completely essential for me to meet my offer? I've already taken CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) which is listed as an equivalent on their website. Would appreciate anyone who has any advice <3
Original post by lowkeysnake
Hi, I'm an international and I was just wondering, is IELTS completely essential for me to meet my offer? I've already taken CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) which is listed as an equivalent on their website. Would appreciate anyone who has any advice <3

Probs best to ask admissions.
Hey all, anyone deferring to 2021? :smile:
Original post by Akrate
Hey all, anyone deferring to 2021? :smile:

Is that an option? Are you resitting exams because they are cancelled?
Original post by bronwynstewart2
Is that an option? Are you resitting exams because they are cancelled?

No, i'm a grad. I requested deferred entry at the time of applying in order to save up tuition fees for the duration :smile:
Original post by Akrate
No, i'm a grad. I requested deferred entry at the time of applying in order to save up tuition fees for the duration :smile:

Ahh, okay.
Is anyone else’s offer condition on paying a deposit?
Original post by irishgandalf
Is anyone else’s offer condition on paying a deposit?

No. Are you an international student. If so that might explain it.
Original post by Callum1245629
No. Are you an international student. If so that might explain it.

I’m a Scottish resident on a gap year however I think as I’m An Irish National I was originally grouped as overseas for fees which I had resolved And changed to home/eu however the condition of paying a deposit is still there and I’m unsure what to do now.
Original post by irishgandalf
I’m a Scottish resident on a gap year however I think as I’m An Irish National I was originally grouped as overseas for fees which I had resolved And changed to home/eu however the condition of paying a deposit is still there and I’m unsure what to do now.

I would contact admissions, they will be able to advise you.
any other grads interested in looking for non-hall accommodation? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending