The Student Room Group

Ask About Graduate Schemes!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MadMaths
Thanks, yes I meant data science, I can't look at uni as I am not longer at uni so I will have to do it myself

It's worth checking if your login still works, if your uni does have a system like that - I know mine allowed students to continue accessing for a couple of years after!
Original post by shadowdweller
Got a question about graduate schemes? Ask it here, and get it answered :biggrin:

What would you say the top 5 graduate schemes in the country are
Reply 22
Hello, I’m currently running my masters in Data Science from RGU and I have over 3 years prior work experience as a Database Administrator. I’ve been seriously checking for graduate roles in the UK and for the ones I see they keep asking for right to work. Is there a way I can get the list of companies with IT graduate schemes that can sponsor visa for grad schemes? That would do! Thanks!!
Original post by bimbaba
Hello, I’m currently running my masters in Data Science from RGU and I have over 3 years prior work experience as a Database Administrator. I’ve been seriously checking for graduate roles in the UK and for the ones I see they keep asking for right to work. Is there a way I can get the list of companies with IT graduate schemes that can sponsor visa for grad schemes? That would do! Thanks!!

As far as I'm aware, there's not a way to do this, I'm afraid. I'll look into it though, and update here if I find anything - for you, or anyone else wondering the same!
Original post by Neurocandid
What would you say the top 5 graduate schemes in the country are

Honestly, it really depends what sector you're working in, and what you want out of a grad scheme - I think it would be a really hard thing to objectively quantify overall!
Original post by bimbaba

You can check if the company can sponsor Tier 2 visa for employees here: https://uktiersponsors.co.uk/
Reply 25
Hi I’ve got a grad scheme after my bachelors degree. Is there any chance I may lose this job due to covid 19
Hi
I graduated in 2019 and started work straight away (it was a vocational degree). I am now looking into applying for a graduate scheme in a different sector.
Has anybody applied for a graduate scheme unrelated to their BA, BSc? I appreciate i may lack experience, but i was wondering if they looked at things other than experience?

Thanks
Got a question about graduate schemes? Ask it here, and get it answered :biggrin:

I am searching for a graduate scheme for this year. Is it too late? should I stop searching and just wait for applications for 2021?
Original post by BTS_biased
I am searching for a graduate scheme for this year. Is it too late? should I stop searching and just wait for applications for 2021?

Original post by tanahm
Hi I’ve got a grad scheme after my bachelors degree. Is there any chance I may lose this job due to covid 19

Original post by Mac01010
Hi
I graduated in 2019 and started work straight away (it was a vocational degree). I am now looking into applying for a graduate scheme in a different sector.
Has anybody applied for a graduate scheme unrelated to their BA, BSc? I appreciate i may lack experience, but i was wondering if they looked at things other than experience?

Thanks

Sorry I missed these questions folks - how’s everything going for you all? Do you still need them answering? :smile:
Sorry I missed these questions folks - how’s everything going for you all? Do you still need them answering? :smile:

Havent found anything yet and I am still applying :frown:
Original post by Helloworld012
You can check if the company can sponsor Tier 2 visa for employees here: https://uktiersponsors.co.uk/

Could you recommend me which websites I could go to check which companies would sponsor graduates from the UK to go and work there for a graduate scheme.

Or websites where they would sponsor people from UK for graduate jobs or jobs?
What are the best websites to find graduate jobs/schemes?
Reply 32
I have to take the Criteria Aptitude test. It is 50 questions to be done in 15 minutes.Maths is my weak point. Criteria website says "On the CCAT, there’s no penalty for wrong answers." and it says "Make sure you’re giving yourself a chance to answer all the questions that you’re more comfortable with. For example: if your math skills are rusty and word problems specifically throw you for a loop, it’s okay to hazard a guess and move on to questions you’re more likely to get right."
Tactically this would seem to suggest that I should very quickly skip over the maths questions and aim to do every single verbal/logical reasoning test? But I find it hard to believe that these points will not stand against my score!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 33

I have to take the Criteria Aptitude test. It is 50 questions to be done in 15 minutes.
Quick mental Maths is my weak point. The Criteria website says "On the CCAT, there’s no penalty for wrong answers." and it says "Make sure you’re giving yourself a chance to answer all the questions that you’re more comfortable with. For example: if your math skills are rusty and word problems specifically throw you for a loop, it’s okay to hazard a guess and move on to questions you’re more likely to get right."
Tactically this would seem to suggest that I should very quickly skip over the maths questions and aim to do every single verbal/logical reasoning test? But I find it hard to believe that these points will not stand against my score!
Hi @shadowdweller,

Thanks so much for this thread.

I am a UK Citizen graduating from my undergrad at the University of Toronto's rotman business school in Canada next year. I would like to return to the UK for work as it would be much easier for me due to restrictions here in Canada as an international. Do you think I will be at a disadvantage in applying for graduate schemes as I haven't graduated from the UK? This is really worrying me as I truly regret coming here for my undergrad :frown:. If so, do you think it'd be better if I pursue a Masters in Management at a top uni in the UK (LSE/LBS/Imperial/UCL/KCL/ maybe even HEC paris) after my undergrad and then apply for graduate schemes? I am aiming for consulting graduate schemes at big 4 firms mainly and am currently majoring in Management with an Economics minor. I didn't do A-levels either, I did the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and did well.

Thank you so much, really looking forward to your response :smile:

Have a great day!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 35
Does anyone know the best way to prepare for interviews online? Eveyone is like practice but how and what. Also how do you end up not sounding scripted?
Original post by Jj1EM
Does anyone know the best way to prepare for interviews online? Eveyone is like practice but how and what. Also how do you end up not sounding scripted?

Start anticipating the questions you might get asked and prepare STAR format answers. Practise saying it over to yourself, or practice with someone else eg a friend or flatmate, if you can - it actually really helps!
This video is really useful too!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OOeNGFQFp3k
What is the fastest and easiest way for a recent IT graduate to land a job?

I recently graduated in IT and have been looking for work for the past two months, but have only received rejections. Can anyone recommend an easy graduate scheme or companies hiring fresh candidates with zero IT experience? Thanks.
Reply 39
Original post by mrtownboy
What is the fastest and easiest way for a recent IT graduate to land a job?

I recently graduated in IT and have been looking for work for the past two months, but have only received rejections. Can anyone recommend an easy graduate scheme or companies hiring fresh candidates with zero IT experience? Thanks.
Two months is not a lot of time to be looking for work so don't get discouraged. Keep it up. You could try looking for apprenticeships (check government website) - these usually last 3 years and are paid.

Quick Reply