The Student Room Group

BTEC January Assessment Results day 2020!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethan Fry
I got a Distinction in Business Decision Making and a Merit in Principles if Management.

Hi,

Well done! Glad to hear your happy with the results :biggrin:
Original post by Evil Homer
Are you still waiting?!?!

I just received my results!! Felt like I was never going to receive them!

I achieved two merits and in my unit 2, I was one mark away from a distinction
Original post by LeMetalhead
So turns out that I got just a Pass in both exams, which is alright tbh, quite pleased with that.

Hiya, congratulations on getting those grades :biggrin:
Original post by Hazelly
I just received my results!! Felt like I was never going to receive them!

I achieved two merits and in my unit 2, I was one mark away from a distinction

That’s amazing! Are you happy with your result? :h:
Original post by brainzistheword
That’s amazing! Are you happy with your result? :h:

Thank you :jumphug: I am now! I beat myself up a little when I first received it, but much happier now.

I had a chat with my tutor to work out whether I should resit it or not and I've said no as the two merits still equate to a Distinction overall - if I get distinctions in all my other coursework assignments! (hopefully :rolleyes:)
Hey that's really good! What's your plan now? :smile:

Just getting a distinction on the remainder of my assignments and getting the qualification done!
Original post by Hazelly
Hiya, congratulations on getting those grades :biggrin:

Cheers :smile:
Woooo thats so amazing! Are you doing anything (indoors obviously :tongue:) to celebrate ?

Just going to order something in. Not worth taking the risk of going out:smile:.
Original post by Hazelly
Thank you :jumphug: I am now! I beat myself up a little when I first received it, but much happier now.

I had a chat with my tutor to work out whether I should resit it or not and I've said no as the two merits still equate to a Distinction overall - if I get distinctions in all my other coursework assignments! (hopefully :rolleyes:)

I’m glad you’re happier now! I know you were so close to those unit distinctions but you’ve still done amazingly well!

You’ll get those distinctions :dumbells:
Just getting a distinction on the remainder of my assignments and getting the qualification done!

Cheers :smile:

I have every faith in you. Best of luck with the rest of your course! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I have every faith in you. Best of luck with the rest of your course! :smile:

Got to keep working for it it now! Thanks for the kind message :smile:

Just started my assignment and I’m still stressed from getting my results, maybe we’ll call today a relax day? :wink:
Original post by Hazelly
Got to keep working for it it now! Thanks for the kind message :smile:

Just started my assignment and I’m still stressed from getting my results, maybe we’ll call today a relax day? :wink:

Oh definitely put your feet up - you deserve it after those results! :yes:
Oh definitely put your feet up - you deserve it after those results! :yes:

Haha thank you it does sound like a good idea! :biggrin:

Still a bit confused on how these grade boundaries work aha.
Original post by Hazelly

Tomorrow is results day for anybody who sat a BTEC examination in January! :bhangra:
Here is a list of all exams that took place in January :biggrin:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables/btec-nat-2020-timetable.pdf

Comment below (if you want to!):

How you're feeling about tomorrow?

What subject are you doing?

How are you going to be receiving your results?

What are you aiming for?

Good luck to everyone who is picking up their results, I'm sure you'll smash it and pop in here to chat afterwards. Remember everyone on TSR is routing for you! :grouphugs:

I'm doing BTEC Applied law certificate (equivalent to an AS level; will be doing subsidiary diploma next year) and I feel so proud and relieved for getting a D in the exam. I was worried because I didn't finish the second task on time and was literally 1 paragraph away from finishing when the time was up.
Original post by thatcollegegirl
I'm doing BTEC Applied law certificate (equivalent to an AS level; will be doing subsidiary diploma next year) and I feel so proud and relieved for getting a D in the exam. I was worried because I didn't finish the second task on time and was literally 1 paragraph away from finishing when the time was up.

Hi,

Congratulations and well done to you! Do you have assignments to do now? (As in the next weeks and months)
Original post by Hazelly
Hi,

Congratulations and well done to you! Do you have assignments to do now? (As in the next weeks and months)

So our course is the exam + 3 assignments (in year 1). Luckily we've already done assignment 1 from unit 2 (the due date was last friday) we just need to do unit 2 assignments 2 and 3. I'm looking forward to them since it's a nice change of pace from my 2 A Levels (History and Politics)

Congratulations :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Congratulations :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you so much xx
Merit, 38/60 in sport, despite failing to answer an 8 marker and only writing half of my 12 marker. Quite pleased tbf.
Original post by Rashbeck
Merit, 38/60 in sport, despite failing to answer an 8 marker and only writing half of my 12 marker. Quite pleased tbf.

Well done!
Well done!

Thanks!
hey how did it go, i got a near pass in unit 6 and a merit in unit 7 :/

How you're feeling about tomorrow?

I have mixed feelings tbh, I did quite badly in one of the exams.

What subject are you doing?

BTEC Leve 3 Business Studies

How are you going to be receiving your results?

Via email as I'm avoiding going out as much as possible with what's going on.

What are you aiming for?

Unit 6 - Principles of Management: Mid M
Unit 7 - Business Decision Making: A P will suffice tbh (that's the exam I'm worried about)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending