The Student Room Group

GCSEs and A-Levels are cancelled, bitter sweet?

What does everyone think about this?
Any information /thoughts are appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

For all countries or just UK?
Reply 2
Original post by Josh.Tayl
What does everyone think about this?
Any information /thoughts are appreciated!

Can’t say I’m sad but I’m a bit pissed of at all the revision I’ve had to do for nothing
I have AS exams and I... am really angry ngl
Original post by Mavs04
Can’t say I’m sad but I’m a bit pissed of at all the revision I’ve had to do for nothing

It wasn't all for nothing, you'll remember some of the stuff but I feel your frustration
if they're postponed to September then I have a whole summer of revising as well as preparing my university application & entrance exam. Oh yeah I'l also have to catch up on the unfinished content. If I get my mock grades then I won't even get into university for my desired course, I know I can do so much better I've spent so long revising
Original post by Mavs04

i feel that
Reply 7
Original post by JStudying
It wasn't all for nothing, you'll remember some of the stuff but I feel your frustration

Are they gonna be postponed, cause when even can they postpone them to - If they do it later on everything would be so messed up
I’m just praying that they look at coursework and predicted grade and mock results but i think they will just push the exams back and universities will start in January instead of September
Reply 9
I am 20 years old and doing GCSE English, will I get predicted grade for UCAS?
Reply 10
Original post by jessieloub
I’m just praying that they look at coursework and predicted grade and mock results but i think they will just push the exams back and universities will start in January instead of September

I don’t think it would be fair on us if they were pushed back, I rlly don’t want to go through all the stress again
The Prime Minister told a press conference: ‘Exams will not take place as planned in May and June.’
He added: ‘We will make sure that students get the qualifications they need and deserve for their careers.’
When pushed for more details about what will happen to the 16 and 18-year-olds who have been studying for two years,
he continued: ‘I totally understand people’s frustrations.
‘We will make sure they are not impeded as a result of the decisions we are having to take.
‘They will get the qualification. I don’t want to go into detail about when and how but it will be done fairly and in a way that protects their interests.’
Original post by jessieloub

What makes you think the virus will die down within that time frame?
IDK how to feel rn, like him happy but obviously we know nothing yet so its kind of a weird feeling
is it just me that doesnt want their predicted grades
Original post by fijitastic

NO
Original post by fijitastic

Same bro.. I thought it was only me. My teachers don't really see my potential and will definitely predict me lower than I can truly perform..
Original post by mpaprika
if they're postponed to September then I have a whole summer of revising as well as preparing my university application & entrance exam. Oh yeah I'l also have to catch up on the unfinished content. If I get my mock grades then I won't even get into university for my desired course, I know I can do so much better I've spent so long revising

same with gcses
When I first heard the news I felt relieved (not because exams themselves) but because its good we're taking all precautions, as who knows how bad the virus situation could get, and with schools closed it will help contain the spreading of the virus. But at the same time I feel really weird and doubtful regards exams now, like I don't know what to think, but all in all even though it is really frustrating, in the wider scheme of things, health comes first, and hopefully we'll all get our deserved qualification by the end of it.
Like, I wanted to be able to finish the GCSEs knowing I'd done my best, as I am not happy with my mocks, though I am happy with my predicteds. Though I kinda feel like I haven't earnt by predicted grades? Like I have worked for them so hard but it just feels like a bit of an abrupt end.

Quick Reply