The Student Room Group

A levels cancelled. what now?

What now????

Scroll to see replies

I guess they'll postpone them to a later date.
But we're not sure yet.
Original post by JMR2020.
I guess they'll postpone them to a later date.
But we're not sure yet.

I feel so **** rn.. I worked so hard and my GCSE's werent even good. I just dont know what to do anymore... will our predicted grades be used?
We don't know. Boris didn't explain how we would get our qualifications.
Original post by Treetop321
We don't know. Boris didn't explain how we would get our qualifications.

Yet he did say ‘fair’
What about Y12s and y10s who will miss out on learning this year that will undoubtedly impede results next year. uni applications too? So many questiomns that need answering.
Original post by ClayJensen817
I feel so **** rn.. I worked so hard and my GCSE's werent even good. I just dont know what to do anymore... will our predicted grades be used?

Yeah I can sympathise.
I'm not sure anyone knows atm. The BBC were saying that they'd be postponed which assumes they'll take place at a later date but you'll have to hear from the gov themselves.
Are you guys still going to revise? Do you think it is more likely they're postponed instead of cancelled completely?
Original post by Ferrograd
What about Y12s and y10s who will miss out on learning this year that will undoubtedly impede results next year. uni applications too? So many questiomns that need answering.

What about uni applications are you exactly wanting the answer to?
They're not for months......unless you mean current ones where most people have heard back?

2 months of learning will be missed- they will be able to compensate and catch up in some way
How will they be fair? I got **** GCSE's
Original post by AzureCeleste
What about uni applications are you exactly wanting the answer to?
They're not for months......unless you mean current ones where most people have heard back?

2 months of learning will be missed- they will be able to compensate and catch up in some way

2 months? How do you know it is just two months? Could be until the end of the year (as in september)
Original post by ClayJensen817

think that could be a possibility

Not exactly, grade boundaries are based off the collective performance of all students therefore it wouldn’t make a difference if everyone is at a somewhat disadvantage
Original post by The A.G
Not exactly, grade boundaries are based off the collective performance of all students therefore it wouldn’t make a difference if everyone is at a somewhat disadvantage

True, but whilst people like me will work hard at home, others will not. so it will not be equal
2 months? How do you know it is just two months? Could be until the end of the year (as in september)

Summer.....last time I checked you weren't in school for summer
Easter is coming
End of the school year, not much is done
In terms of actual work time it will be 2 months.... assuming things don't get worse and they need to stay shut after summer but that seems unlikely now
Original post by JMR2020.
Yeah I can sympathise.
I'm not sure anyone knows atm. The BBC were saying that they'd be postponed which assumes they'll take place at a later date but you'll have to hear from the gov themselves.

I am honestly crying.. I feel so heartbroken. Wait, will exams outside of the country get cancelled? CIE A levels for example? Say in India?
True, but whilst people like me will work hard at home, others will not. so it will not be equal

But that argument's true of any sort of revision - the harder you work, the better you will do. The situation is equal in terms of the fact every student in year 12 and 10 will miss out on the same amount of school and teaching time. Your cohort will probably collectively do slightly more poorly than previous cohorts, but this is always accounted for in the grade boundaries to ensure the same proportions of people achieve certain grades from year to year.
Oh my. I’m praying they don’t use predicted grades. I didn’t revise this hard just for my predicted grades to be used which is WAYYY lower than what I’m capable of at this stage. Also, I haven’t even had a reply for my firm uni and their requirements are higher than what I’m predicted. I was really hoping I could prove that I’m capable way more than my predicted grades. 😭
AS exams cancelled for me, furious as my mock grades are terrible

It's their own responsibility

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending