The Student Room Group

Coronavirus postponing/cancelling exams

Hello everyone,

I am hearing that exams may be cancelled due to the coronavirus and predicted grades will be used instead. Will this include BTEC and CTEC courses as well as these involve coursework and not exams. Thank you.
Original post by Lexi124
Hello everyone,

I am hearing that exams may be cancelled due to the coronavirus and predicted grades will be used instead. Will this include BTEC and CTEC courses as well as these involve coursework and not exams. Thank you.

Coursework will not be cancelled as you can email your teachers the assignments on their due dates with no issues (hopefully).
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
Coursework will not be cancelled as you can email your teachers the assignments on their due dates with no issues (hopefully).

^ Coursework will not be cancelled. In fact, it may be the alternative form of assessment for students that have had exams cancelled in the coming weeks or months.
Original post by Xarao
^ Coursework will not be cancelled. In fact, it may be the alternative form of assessment for students that have had exams cancelled in the coming weeks or months.

I’m not too sure over that. We’ll have to see what happens :smile:
Will BTEC exams be cancelled and treated the same way as a A Level?
Original post by Will_B123
Will BTEC exams be cancelled and treated the same way as a A Level?

BTEC exams have already happened?
Original post by Hazelly
BTEC exams have already happened?

Not all, colleges structure their exam dates individually, for example last year I had two exams, one in January and another in May, but this year my exams were done in January.
So not every student has taken their exam. :smile:
Original post by LeMetalhead
Not all, colleges structure their exam dates individually, for example last year I had two exams, one in January and another in May, but this year my exams were done in January.
So not every student has taken their exam. :smile:

Oh right okay! Thanks for explaining it :biggrin:
Original post by Hazelly
Oh right okay! Thanks for explaining it :biggrin:

It is the Level 3 BTE national unit 3 and unit 2 exams personal and business finance and developing a marketing campaign? Will these be called off and predicted grades used
I done the exam in January the marketing and finance and I done bad I though I was going to have a second chance . I’ve been revising for the may one what will happen
Reply 10
Original post by Hazelly
Coursework will not be cancelled as you can email your teachers the assignments on their due dates with no issues

I am a btec applied science student and I know that the assignments are not as easy as you think they are. Actually they all need notes and explanations and without attending lessons we cannot get more than a pass. This will be unfair.
Original post by Bara'a
I am a btec applied science student and I know that the assignments are not as easy as you think they are. Actually they all need notes and explanations and without attending lessons we cannot get more than a pass. This will be unfair.

I also am a BTEC student and yes they are difficult but it’s manageable. You could be sent all the lessons via email like the college is doing for me.

Assignments can be done at home if your college plan it properly.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Hazelly
I also am a BTEC student and yes they are difficult but it’s manageable. You could be sent all the lessons via email like the college is doing for me.

Assignments can be done at home if your college plan it properly.

Ok but what about practicals in chemistry, physics and biology and what about the tasts and o dont mean the tests in may there are some tests within the assignments.
Original post by Bara'a
Ok but what about practicals in chemistry, physics and biology and what about the tasts and o dont mean the tests in may there are some tests within the assignments.

I don’t know, I’m sure it’ll become apparent soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending