The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I didn't know much but you should follow your heart no matter what. For me, people don't blush just because of anything. If you like her then it's okay to be different. Did your heart beats fast when you see her? Do you tend to know simple things she does and remember unnecessary things about her? Having butterflies in your stomach when you imagine ur with her or when ur together? If it's yes to all these questions then it means you like her. :smile:
Reply 2
Reply 3
How do you know you are not a lesbian? And how do you know that she does not like you? Do you talk to her?
Will you see her tomorrow? Try to bump into her and "oh hi, look if you get bored give me a shout" and give her your number.
As for being a lesbian, I don't think it's always necessary to label things. I knew a girl once who was in a relationship with another girl, they lived together, but she always said she wasn't a lesbian, she just loved the other girl.
Sexuality is fluid. It can change and evolve all the time and is on a whole wide spectrum. There isn't just bi, gay, straight, pan. You can be a combination all over. Sometimes sex is purely physical, sometimes it's purely emotional. Relationships work the same in this way. If you do like her / are attracted to her, that doesn't mean you're a lesbian (but even if it did who cares?) because there are no strict and plain answers to sexuality.
Reply 6
How do you know she isn't thinking exactly the same thing as you, and being as shy as you? Someone has to make a move.
You don't need to text and throw your heart at her, just send a message leaving a door open, if you know what I mean.
Reply 8
You will not please everyone in your life, sometimes not even your close friends and family, but at the end of the day you are the one that has to live with Yourself and the decisions you make. Don't be held back by people that don't understand / set views and judgements that don't correspond with your own.
Anyway there is no need to jump to any conclusions anyway that's the point. Just do what feels right and don't punish yourself for being who you are! Life is WAY to f***ing short
(edited 4 years ago)
Don't put a label on it, that will just stress you out further and make you question everything you do. If you think you like her then enjoy that, don't put pressure on yourself to fit into a certain category.

If you are a lesbian - GREAT.
If you are bisexual - GREAT
If you are Straight - GREAT

The same goes for all the other options like Pansexual etc.

Enjoy life :smile:
Reply 12
Try not to put pressure on yourself (such as feeling like you have to label a feeling). Sometimes we just like who we like and sometimes it feels right and other times it may not but for now if you would like to get to know her, just start with that! I struggled with y sexuality for years but have come to the conclusion that I fall in love with a person, not their sexual identity. It may be that you admire her and nothing else, it may be more but until you form some connection you wont know. As far as blushing is concerned (I hate it when I blush btw...it makes me feel vulnerable) she may not notice it at all. If you are putting pressure on yourself to feel or not feel something the likelihood is that you will blush more. Be confident in just saying hi every now and then and see if anything comes of it.
Development takes time. I hope one day you will be confident enough to be who you are and TOTALLY unashamed of it. You deserve to be unquestionably happy. That is what everyone deserves in life. To be totally and undeniably in love with themselves no matter what. Nothing else is real or matters apart from love and loving those around us. In this backwards world built on a concept of establishment that someone once made up, the only real thing is us, who we are, who we love and the beauty around us, that's it. Appreciate every moment you have and try your best not to worry about preconceived judgement because in the end, it didn't even exist, all it did was hold you back from all you could be.

Now I've said all the soppy stuff - just because you only text about work stuff, doesn't mean you can't message her not about classwork. With all the chaos now might be a perfect time to do so. Just check in, make sure her and her family are healthy and well - talk about the exam stuff and the fact schools are closed, that lockdown is imminent haha - you have lots in common that you could pop up to her about which I think you should do. What is the worst that could happen?
Reply 15
Yes, you can .You can still say hi! And how are you "invisible " after the lessons? Does this mean ,actually, that you were scared to arrange to meet up outside of lessons? It's really about having confidence in yourself! It is not about how she may or may not respond! That is her problem. Suppose she is overthinking everything ,just like you? Then you both miss out on a potential relationship? And ,yes you may be a lesbian ,- so what? you like girls,fine. Overthinking things is useless.
It seems like you’re making excuses because you lack self confidence. You should text her 100%. Have more faith in yourself and the person you are! You know you both get on or you wouldn’t have had conversations before so have confidence in that! If she thinks your weird for asking how she is or just saying hi, then she’s not a great person and she doesn’t deserve YOUR friendship. It doesn’t matter how many friends you have vs how many she has, that’s all trivial stuff that really doesn’t even contribute to a friendship at all. I have friends that go out every weekend and have hundreds of friends, I also have friends that have me and one other friend and they like to stay in and watch movies every weekend. What matters is your relationship and how you make eachother feel and how you treat eachother, not stupid stuff like that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
Be yourself, if you find it weird you may need time to take it in. But you should tell her how you feel. Go for it gurlll, Ya got this.

Latest

Trending

Trending