The Student Room Group

Keele A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gilbertemmajo
Hi, does anyone know if Keele will be organising another offer holder day due to the cancelling of yesterday? I know we can book onto the 4th April, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend that, and I would really love to come and have another look around

Hi there! Given the current situation I don't think they will arrange any open or offer holder days until everything settles down. My advice is to keep eye on the webpage and I am sure they will also email offer holders if new dates are set. :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hi there! Given the current situation I don't think they will arrange any open or offer holder days until everything settles down. My advice is to keep eye on the webpage and I am sure they will also email offer holders if new dates are set. :smile:

Okay thankyou, that does make sense, I will keep my eyes out. Thanks again
Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to post quickly to let everyone know just in case they haven’t received the message.

Unfortunately due to the current situation, the offer holder day that was due to take place on the 4th April has also been cancelled.

However, if there is anything I can help you with on here, then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile:
Will Keele offer a refund for travel expenses for the open day?
Original post by MedicH20

Hi there.

I’m assuming you mean the offer holder day? I can send an e-mail to the team that organize these days and ask them about refunds. I’ll let you know as soon as possible what they say when they reply!
Okay thankyou, that does make sense, I will keep my eyes out. Thanks again

No problem, glad I could help :smile:
Just firmed Keele!!
Original post by MedicH20

So the team have asked that you contact the [email protected] email for any queries relating to offer holder days so that they can speak to you direct about it :smile:
Just firmed Keele!!

Congratulations! If there’s anything you’d like to know then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Congratulations! If there’s anything you’d like to know then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile:

Thankyou! The only thing is the occupational health check that they require us to hand in by the end of May (it needs to be signed of by GP). Will it matter that we won't be able to complete this at the moment?
Reply 70
Thankyou! The only thing is the occupational health check that they require us to hand in by the end of May (it needs to be signed of by GP). Will it matter that we won't be able to complete this at the moment?

I am in the same situation, my GP said they cannot accept any paperwork (to be stamped) until the outbreak is over. They suggested that they confirm everything via e-mail with the university instead...not sure if this would work. Probably they will extend the deadline?
Reply 71
Also, do you think they might be able to withdraw offers for applicants with achieved grades due to the current situation with A levels? In that if you don't firm before all places are taken, your offer might be withdrawn due to the course being oversubscribed... I am really scared that the current situation will affect our hard work so far :frown:
Reply 72
Original post by LuLu67
Also, do you think they might be able to withdraw offers for applicants with achieved grades due to the current situation with A levels? In that if you don't firm before all places are taken, your offer might be withdrawn due to the course being oversubscribed... I am really scared that the current situation will affect our hard work so far :frown:

I was thinking this too! I haven’t firmed Keele yet but it is looking likely that I will be attending (was hoping to attend another open day just to be sure but they were cancelled). I’m worried that they will withdraw my offer before I can confirm it :/
Reply 73
Original post by Dco20
I was thinking this too! I haven’t firmed Keele yet but it is looking likely that I will be attending (was hoping to attend another open day just to be sure but they were cancelled). I’m worried that they will withdraw my offer before I can confirm it :/

Likewise...I have achieved grades, however I am still waiting for one university to give me an offer/rejection and I do not want to make an impulsive decision based on the current situation...I wish we were told what the plan is....

Original post by LuLu67
I am in the same situation, my GP said they cannot accept any paperwork (to be stamped) until the outbreak is over. They suggested that they confirm everything via e-mail with the university instead...not sure if this would work. Probably they will extend the deadline?

Hello there! I have emailed the school about this. I will get back to you as fast as I get a response from them! :smile:
Reply 75
Hello there! I have emailed the school about this. I will get back to you as fast as I get a response from them! :smile:

Thank you! @Keele Student Ambassador1 could you please ask for a clarification in terms of current given offers? Given that A-levels are now cancelled, will this affect people with achieved grades (i.e., graduates) in that all offers could become unconditional, and thus the course would be oversubscribed. Speculations have been that it could become a first come first served system in terms of accepting offers, which would be so unfair to everyone. Please as soon as more is known about this, could you please clarify?
Reply 76

Thankyou!
Original post by LuLu67
Thank you! @Keele Student Ambassador1 could you please ask for a clarification in terms of current given offers? Given that A-levels are now cancelled, will this affect people with achieved grades (i.e., graduates) in that all offers could become unconditional, and thus the course would be oversubscribed. Speculations have been that it could become a first come first served system in terms of accepting offers, which would be so unfair to everyone. Please as soon as more is known about this, could you please clarify?

Hi there. The university is hoping to be able to give out an initial statement in terms of the cancellation of A-levels and what this means for admissions. Until this statement is released to us, we unfortunately can’t advise any further at this point. We will do our best as a team to keep you all in the loop. We understand this is a stressful time :frown:
Just to let you all know, Keele are working hard to try and provide a virtual offer holder day on 4th May instead. They’re also trying to ensure that offer holders have the chance to still ask questions so watch this space! :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Just to let you all know, Keele are working hard to try and provide a virtual offer holder day on 4th May instead. They’re also trying to ensure that offer holders have the chance to still ask questions so watch this space! :smile:

Do we have any information on how they plan to 'Grade' all of us?

Quick Reply

Latest