The Student Room Group

SQA Students: Have you completed all of your coursework?

Interested to find out where everyone's at with Nat 5/Higher/Advanced Higher coursework...Have you already completed your SQA coursework? Or are you needing to finish it before schools close on Friday? Or are your school putting in for extenuating circumstances because you're not able to complete them?

I'm guessing people doing Highers will likely be most affected, as Nat 5 deadline is really soon, and most of the AH ones aren't done in exam conditions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Labrador99
Interested to find out where everyone's at with Nat 5/Higher/Advanced Higher coursework...Have you already completed your SQA coursework? Or are you needing to finish it before schools close on Friday? Or are your school putting in for extenuating circumstances because you're not able to complete them?

I'm guessing people doing Highers will likely be most affected, as Nat 5 deadline is really soon, and most of the AH ones aren't done in exam conditions?

I have admin assignment tomorrow and signed the flyleaf for higher business and everything else is done :smile:
Original post by Kubsyy
I have admin assignment tomorrow and signed the flyleaf for higher business and everything else is done :smile:

That's good! At least it's one worry less to worry about in that you know you've got at least part of what usually counts :smile:
Original post by Labrador99

Done all the course for my subjects thankfully! :^_^: Hopefully will finish my chemistry assignment tomorrow, and send my English portfolio to my teachers through email at the end of March.
Original post by chubchubbs
Done all the course for my subjects thankfully! :^_^: Hopefully will finish my chemistry assignment tomorrow, and send my English portfolio to my teachers through email at the end of March.

:woo: Glad to hear! :smile:
Painfully behind for art🥺
Original post by Button212

You've got this :yep: You've still got time and can catch up :rave:
I've done my English folio and my French, and Business Management assignments and I did my french talking exam today. Our Music Practical Exams were today and the second instrument is tomorrow, I spent most of my practical periods doing my Composition for my coursework because I knew it would take me a while. I'm doing it in ternary form so I need to have an A section, a B section and a second A section but changed a bit. I've done the first A section and I'm pretty much done the B section almost but I still need to do my second time A section. Our compositions were due on the 27th but obviously that deadline won't work because we won't be in school and I can't access it from home :frown: We were supposed to do our composition reviews next week which we can't do now, so I don't have one. I asked my teacher this morning before there was anything said about school closure and she said that they'll have to move the coursework date but I'm really not sure what's going on at all, but then again no one does :s-smilie:
I haven’t finished most of my ah coursework, but that’s not a huge problem since it’s mainly writing and I can do it at home. What I’m more concerned about is higher music technology. I’ve not finished recording everything and that’s something I need to do at school because I don’t have the equipment at home. If I don’t manage to record what I need by Friday then I’ll be painfully under the track requirements which means I won’t get a good mark.

It’s not a huge deal in terms of getting into uni or anything, but I have put in a fair amount of work over the year, and I don’t particularly want to see it go to waste over something out with my control.
Reply 9
Original post by Kubsyy

How did it go? I'm doing it tomorrow, any tips?
Original post by Vlox
How did it go? I'm doing it tomorrow, any tips?

It was very good. Just make sure you know how to do letters and obviously formulas for spreadsheet and database such as lookups
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Kubsyy
It was very good. Just make sure you know how to do letters and obviously formulas for spreadsheet and database such as lookups

Nice!
Lookups in a database? What do you mean?
Original post by Vlox
Nice!
Lookups in a database? What do you mean?

Oh no sorry I meant lookups only in spreadsheets 😁
Reply 13
Original post by Kubsyy
Oh no sorry I meant lookups only in spreadsheets 😁

Had a panic there thinking there was some chunk of the course I didn't know.
I'm planning on getting some revision in before the assingment tomorrow once I have finished my dissertation, any more tips/clues on what to revise exactly? My teach is isolating but I need an A for my conditional :/.
advanced physics and advanced chemistry projects - still working on them
higher bio and higher psychology assignments - completed
Original post by Vlox
Had a panic there thinking there was some chunk of the course I didn't know.
I'm planning on getting some revision in before the assingment tomorrow once I have finished my dissertation, any more tips/clues on what to revise exactly? My teach is isolating but I need an A for my conditional :/.

Well basically you want to look how to do on spreadsheet: lookup, countif, sumif and basics arithmetics and how to do a pivot table. for database you need to know how to do a queries and report and obviously how to layout a letter for word

Good luck
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Kubsyy
Well basically you want to look how to do on spreadsheet: lookup, countif, sumif and basics arithmetics and how to do a pivot table. for database you need to know how to do a queries and report and obviously how to layout a letter for word

Good luck

Thank you man, I really appreciate you helping me :smile:
How are you finding all this? It's a bit sad at my school because I am S6 so tomorrow is our last day of High School.
I know you said 'Nat 5/Higher/Advanced Higher coursework' ect, But my HND is still SQA, and no, I have not finished the coursework, i've barely started this terms :tongue: (although most of it has already been retooled to far simpler sounding stuff I can do at home, I have no real excuse not to meet my deadlines beyond isolation apathy)

Honestly have no idea where I stand, HNC/D's seem in danger of falling through the cracks a bit. GCSE/A lev on one side, final year Uni on the other... I have 27 of the 30 units I need, including the main graded project, so I would hope if they're going to be basing things on past work I'd be ok...mibbie
Original post by Button212

I feel you on this one, me too
Original post by Vlox
Thank you man, I really appreciate you helping me :smile:
How are you finding all this? It's a bit sad at my school because I am S6 so tomorrow is our last day of High School.

I’m not happy with the fact that schools are closing and exams cancelled. Luckily I’m in S5 so I will have another year of school to catch up with highers and etc.

I wish you very best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending