The Student Room Group

Petrol now available at 99.9p (with conditions...)

Bet you youngsters haven't seen this (the last time it was like this was back in 2015 / 2016).... well now it's back (only took a pandemic).

Condition: Costco only - you'll have to be a member.

Otherwise, the cheapest is still Asda @ 114.7p / litre :puke: Disgusting profiteering.

UPDATE: Morrisons has just announced that they will sell petrol at 102.9p / litre and diesel at 104.9p / litre with no conditions :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Costco are making a rather large loss on fuel right now, hence the end date. It's a loss leader.

They tend to usually sell it at cost price.
Accordingly I expect them to finish building the CostCo petrol station around the corner on 23/03/20.
Reply 3
Actually, I think getting a litre of Dino juice for only £1.15 isn't bad. Some water costs more than that and that **** literally falls from the sky.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Costco are making a rather large loss on fuel right now, hence the end date. It's a loss leader.

They tend to usually sell it at cost price.

Original post by Admit-One
Accordingly I expect them to finish building the CostCo petrol station around the corner on 23/03/20.

Original post by Drewski
Actually, I think getting a litre of Dino juice for only £1.15 isn't bad. Some water costs more than that **** literally falls from the sky.

Just to let you all know, Morrisons has reduced petrol to 102.9p / litre and diesel to 104.9p / litre, nationwide.
I still have receipts for 4* petrol knocking around. It makes 99p/L still look like daylight robbery :laugh:

With the collapse in the oil price, it would have been scandalous had the supermarkets not reduced their prices. I expect all the rest to follow in Morrison's wake now. Unfortunately, heating oil hasn't fallen nearly as fast as you'd expect, mainly because of people panic buying.
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
I still have receipts for 4* petrol knocking around. It makes 99p/L still look like daylight robbery :laugh:

With the collapse in the oil price, it would have been scandalous had the supermarkets not reduced their prices. I expect all the rest to follow in Morrison's wake now. Unfortunately, heating oil hasn't fallen nearly as fast as you'd expect, mainly because of people panic buying.

Exactly! My car has been running on fumes for days waiting for this hahaha

Crude oil has touched near-20 year lows. This price drop has been a low time coming - Asda (along with other petrol retailers) has been raking it in for weeks.
It's a ****ing disgrace, frankly. And given that the supermarkets have sold £1,000,000,000 of extra food over the past few weeks (and most of the 'normal' multibuys/half-price offers have vanished), they should hardly be worried about their margins.

As you say: blatant profiteering.
Time to stock up on Diesel boys
Reply 9
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Time to stock up on Diesel boys

Mine's red for some reason 👀👀
Local petrol stations around my way are
Shell - petrol 121.9p / diesel 123.9p
BP. - petrol 121.9p. / diesel 123.9p.
Morrison's. Petrol 102.7p. / diesel 108.7p
Sainsburys. Petrol. 112.9p. / diesel. 116.9p.
Asda - Petrol 110.7p. / diesel 116.7p

Who making profit more as they saying they don't like
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom

oh, you've managed to get a bit of food colouring in there.... :eyeball:
Reply 12
Original post by RoyalSheepy
oh, you've managed to get a bit of food colouring in there.... :eyeball:

Or blood.
Original post by IWMTom
Or blood.

:iiam:

Spoiler

Original post by IWMTom

The use of red diesel on public roads is illegal. Just google it.
Original post by ghostwalker

Totally agree with you on that red diesel is illegal as only used in agricultural use and if caught with it in tank then you could be done by hmrc for non payment of tax duty and fine to .
Reply 16
Original post by ghostwalker

Original post by Tracey1995
Totally agree with you on that red diesel is illegal as only used in agricultural use and if caught with it in tank then you could be done by hmrc for non payment of tax duty and fine to .

It was a joke. I'm not an idiot.
Reply 17
I'm far too old for TSR.

I remember 50p a gallon, if anyone remembers what a gallon is ?
Original post by meddad
I'm far too old for TSR.

I can remember (as a child) petrol being £1.20 a gallon (about 27p per litre).

When my dad first got on the road (as a motorcyclist), he was paying 5 shillings (25p) per gallon (5.6p per litre).
Original post by meddad
I'm far too old for TSR.

A gallon is equivalent to about 4.54 litres nowadays

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending