The Student Room Group

What if coronovirus gets worse and UK has a full lock down?

Scroll to see replies

*shrug* You're going to have to improvise, can do a lot indoors with a decent set of adjustable dumb/kettle bells and a skipping rope.

I don't think you're going to have much luck convincing people you're a special case even with multiple threads. There's a lot of the old 'All my stuff is messed up!' going around.
Original post by Drewski
I'm more amused by the fact we must have had 571 previous people who were so annoyed. Quite remarkable.

I'm more amused by the fact you probably go out yourself every day to work.
Original post by StriderHort
*shrug* You're going to have to improvise, can do a lot indoors with a decent set of adjustable dumb/kettle bells and a skipping rope.

I don't think you're going to have much luck convincing people you're a special case even with multiple threads. There's a lot of the old 'All my stuff is messed up!' going around.

If more people weren't so narrow minded they'd see being an athlete as a career choice and more people would be agreeing with this post.
Original post by SoAnnoyed572
I'm more amused by the fact you probably go out yourself every day to work.

I've been working from home since last week, but yeah, you keep making your bull**** assumptions.
I did go out for a run yesterday, though. Encountering zero people. It's not difficult.

Have you seen some of the jobs that are on the key worker list...

I have. I'm included.
If more people weren't so narrow minded they'd see being an athlete as a career choice and more people would be agreeing with this post.

It is a career choice, you're perfectly right.

What it isn't, however, is one that's remotely important enough to risk your health and the health of anyone you might encounter.
Original post by Drewski
I've been working from home since last week, but yeah, you keep making your bull**** assumptions.
I did go out for a run yesterday, though. Encountering zero people. It's not difficult.

I have. I'm included.

Yes because I can really prepare for racing and boxing from my house, I don't think you understand the levels of fitness you need to participate in competition. However, back to you working from home, what are all your friends and family doing, are they all working from home too? I assume not.
Original post by Drewski
It is a career choice, you're perfectly right.

What it isn't, however, is one that's remotely important enough to risk your health and the health of anyone you might encounter.

So what is it you see as important then because I am more than sure that over half of my Facebook friends list work normal jobs still, in direct contact with the public and are not being judged? Is that so important? it's not like any are saving lives, so don't double standard this situation.

I can guarantee there would be an out cry and they'd all be seen as in the right if a ban was put on working casual jobs. However, I am not allowed to complain about my job all because I'm an athlete?
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes because I can really prepare for racing and boxing from my house, I don't think you understand the levels of fitness you need to participate in competition. However, back to you working from home, what are all your friends and family doing, are they all working from home too? I assume not.

What's so hard to grasp about the fact you may be asked to stay at home to help prevent the spread of a virus?

I know you said you didn't want people telling you you're being selfish... Well that would be a lot easier if you weren't being so moronically selfish.
However, I am not allowed to complain about my job all because I'm an athlete?

You can complain. We can also not give a **** :dontknow: which is lucky, because we don't.
Original post by Drewski
What's so hard to grasp about the fact you may be asked to stay at home to help prevent the spread of a virus?

I know you said you didn't want people telling you you're being selfish... Well that would be a lot easier if you weren't being so moronically selfish.

And what's so hard for you to understand that going out to do a 9-5 job is equally as selfish?? You don't want to admit this because you're not an athlete, but a normal 9-5 worker, that's being selfish and narrow minded. It's all okay for you to continue being a retail worker or whatever it is you do but it's not okay for me to continue my career.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
You can complain. We can also not give a **** :dontknow: which is lucky, because we don't.

Oh wow we've got a real badass here, why don't you go for another 10 minute per mile run or something, or is that you done for the day lol. I wouldn't expect someone that was probably always last picked on the school teams to understand.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hopefully we'll get someone that isn't a hypocrite to respond soon.

I'm not saying it's not a valid career choice/goal, i'm more saying it doesn't warrant special treatment and your loss blends in with everyones 'I can't do what I want to do'

I know i'm making some assumptions for the sake of discussion...but what special equipment do you need, and if you are aiming for professional performance why don't you already own it? If you are basing a career around access to 3rd party facilities you will always be at a disadvantage.

BTW think how many people's small business are about to be outright killed by Amazon stopping shipping stuff? And everyone one of them will say 'But we needed Amazon to do our job', and that will be a hell of a lot harder to pick up than a few months subpar workouts, this sucks for almost everyone one way or another.
And what's so hard for you to understand that going out to do a 9-5 job is equally as selfish?? You don't want to admit this because you're not an athlete, but a normal 9-5 worker, that's being selfish and narrow minded.

They're not the ones *****ing on the internet like spoilt children...

Anybody who can work from home, should. Lots are doing.

If a full lockdown happens then they'll stop. Will they complain? Sure. But tough. Neither you nor they get a say in it. If it's done, it's done, and you'll just have to deal with it.

Oh wow we've got a real badass here, why don't you go for another 10 minute per mile run or something, or is that you done for the day lol. I wouldn't expect someone that was probably always last picked on the school teams to understand.

Look, amateur, you can moan like a child all you want, but this is the situation we're in. You don't have to like it, but it's where we are.

You've got the luxury of time to prepare for it. So start planning now. If you don't, then you've only got yourself to blame.

I'm not here to play who's got the bigger e-penis, the fact you're crying like you are already shows how petulant you are.

So you're frustrated? Do something about it. Start planning and prepping. *****ing on the internet isn't helping you. Or going well for you.
Original post by StriderHort
I'm not saying it's not a valid career choice/goal, i'm more saying it doesn't warrant special treatment and your loss blends in with everyones 'I can't do what I want to do'

I know i'm making some assumptions for the sake of discussion...but what special equipment do you need, and if you are aiming for professional performance why don't you already own it? If you are basing a career around access to 3rd party facilities you will always be at a disadvantage.

BTW think how many people's small business are about to be outright killed by Amazon stopping shipping stuff? And everyone one of them will say 'But we needed Amazon to do our job', and that will be a hell of a lot harder to pick up than a few months subpar workouts, this sucks for almost everyone one way or another.

You can't tell me why it's seen as okay to go out and work though but going out to run isn't okay?
Right, your job is not yet an athlete, I actually know someone who is a professional athlete (in team GB) and they aren't moaning like you. They understand that it is necessary for this sort of stuff to happen in order to delay the spread of the virus and potentially save thousands of lives. They improvise and do what they can at home or away from people, it's not hard.

Just stop being so selfish and stop with the childish whining!
Original post by Drewski
They're not the ones *****ing on the internet like spoilt children...

Anybody who can work from home, should. Lots are doing.

If a full lockdown happens then they'll stop. Will they complain? Sure. But tough. Neither you nor they get a say in it. If it's done, it's done, and you'll just have to deal with it.

Look, amateur, you can moan like a child all you want, but this is the situation we're in. You don't have to like it, but it's where we are.

You've got the luxury of time to prepare for it. So start planning now. If you don't, then you've only got yourself to blame.

I'm not here to play who's got the bigger e-penis, the fact you're crying like you are already shows how petulant you are.

So you're frustrated? Do something about it. Start planning and prepping. *****ing on the internet isn't helping you. Or going well for you.

Do you judge your retail working friends for working or just athletes?
You can't tell me why it's seen as okay to go out and work though but going out to run isn't okay?

Who said it isn't?
Do you judge your retail working friends for working or just athletes?

I judge the whiny little pricks for being whiny little pricks :smile:
Original post by Accounting123!
Right, your job is not yet an athlete, I actually know someone who is a professional athlete (in team GB) and they aren't moaning like you. They understand that it is necessary for this sort of stuff to happen in order to delay the spread of the virus and potentially save thousands of lives. They improvise and do what they can at home or away from people, it's not hard.

Just stop being so selfish and stop with the childish whining!

I feel like an athlete so I am going to call myself an athlete. And that's him/her? But I bet they won't win any medals with how basic they sound, just taking situations. You'll have to give us an update on his/her not so gold medal.

And once again, do you go out to work? Guessing so, or are you one of the hypocrites that works from home and then feels he has the right to judge other people for not doing so as it isn't an option for them.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest