The Student Room Group

title changed: BTECS are CANCELLED!!! (PLEASE read)

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep I'm in the same boat as you. This is so incredibly unfair.
Reply 2
Fair or not, you guys have a legitimate way of doing your work without direct contact. Stop complaining and thinking this applies to you at all. Majority (I repeat, majority) of a-level students have studied and revised throughout the years and now will only be given the predicted grade, which will be far lower than what they expected. Whereas you can still be graded based on your level of work, regardless of how good or bad it is.
Reply 3
Original post by Xarao
Fair or not, you guys have a legitimate way of doing your work without direct contact. Stop complaining and thinking this applies to you at all. Majority (I repeat, majority) of a-level students have studied and revised throughout the years and now will only be given the predicted grade, which will be far lower than what they expected. Whereas you can still be graded based on your level of work, regardless of how good or bad it is.

Do you not see our stress? Level 3 is A Levels still (what are you on about) stop complaining gtfo out of here
Reply 4
Original post by Xarao

1- everyone knows that predicted grades are usually on the more generous side, so having btec students excluded from this is unfair
2- our peers can just relax and have a 6-7 month holiday whilst we have to keep working
3- it is significantly more difficult to complete work to a high level with just a powerpoint and emailing your teacher, plus it's demotivating knowing everyone else is doing nothing, plus its distracting with the world going through such a crisis atm, and also many people have to do more hours at work since we all mostly work in retail.
Heyy! I've moved your thread from chat to "Coronavirus: Impact on Schools and Exams"
Reply 6
Original post by Coordinate
Do you not see our stress? Level 3 is A Levels still (what are you on about) stop complaining gtfo out of here

They are not the same thing. You're clearly upset because you was already doing awful and just want to laze around.
Original post by YasudaSayo
1- everyone knows that predicted grades are usually on the more generous side, so having btec students excluded from this is unfair
2- our peers can just relax and have a 6-7 month holiday whilst we have to keep working
3- it is significantly more difficult to complete work to a high level with just a powerpoint and emailing your teacher, plus it's demotivating knowing everyone else is doing nothing, plus its distracting with the world going through such a crisis atm, and also many people have to do more hours at work since we all mostly work in retail.

1. No proof or evidence of this at all.
2. Yes, but you chose a BTEC course while they chose a-levels. You have ultimately two different paths and finish at the same time, this changes nothing.
3. They will take into consideration what has happened and definitely inflate marking and grades. Also, "working more" is such a bs response since you were already students in retail, therefore you'll have your usual part time hours, but anyways, majority of retail stores will be closed.
Reply 7
Original post by Xarao
They are not the same thing. You're clearly upset because you was already doing awful and just want to laze around.

2. Yes, but you chose a BTEC course while they chose a-levels. You have ultimately two different paths and finish at the same time, this changes nothing.
3. They will take into consideration what has happened and definitely inflate marking and grades. Also, "working more" is such a bs response since you were already students in retail, therefore you'll have your usual part time hours, but anyways, majority of retail stores will be closed.

''doing awful laze around''

get out of here you know nothing.

try doing 30 pages per assignment
Reply 8
Original post by Xarao

1- teachers have said many times that they give slightly generous predicted grades because they want to make sure people get into uni
2- they're not different paths at all. btec is definitely easier mentally, but the content is identical
3- I used to do 15 hours per week, now I do 35-40 per week because I'm covering for staff that are in self-isolation due to symptoms
Reply 9
Original post by Xarao

every student should be treated equally too

we all put enough effort into our assignments exams.

stop being pessimistic
Reply 10
1- teachers have said many times that they give slightly generous predicted grades because they want to make sure people get into uni
2- they're not different paths at all. btec is definitely easier mentally, but the content is identical
3- I used to do 15 hours per week, now I do 35-40 per week because I'm covering for staff that are in self-isolation due to symptoms

1. Same will happen to you/BTEC students
2. They are completely different paths.
3. You agree to those hours, you are not forced.

every student should be treated equally too

we all put enough effort into our assignments exams.

stop being pessimistic

You chose a BTEC course, therefore you will finish it as expected through coursework. You chose this path, no one forced you to. Stop complaining and get on with your coursework?
Reply 11
Original post by Xarao

You chose a BTEC course, therefore you will finish it as expected through coursework. You chose this path, no one forced you to. Stop complaining and get on with your coursework?

What is wrong with you?

have some decency and stop being a pessimistic ass

A level 3 is equivalent to **3 A LEVELS** so stop acting like you're amazing or something

we all put a LOT of effort into work

These should be cancelled.
Reply 12
Original post by Xarao

How exactly are they different paths? We are all students going through the same thing right now and should all be treated equally. If anything, throughout the last 2 years BTEC students have put in more effort than A Levels students since with A Levels you only need to go all out in the last couple months before exams, whereas we've had to do that multiple times a week for the last 2 years :redface:
Reply 13
What is wrong with you?

have some decency and stop being a pessimistic ass

A level 3 is equivalent to **3 A LEVELS** so stop acting like you're amazing or something

we all put a LOT of effort into work

These should be cancelled.

They are equivalent, not the same. What don't you understand? You are assessed through coursework.
Reply 14
Original post by Xarao
They are equivalent, not the same. What don't you understand? You are assessed through coursework.

We are assessed through coursework and exams. The content is almost identical. The workload is larger.
Reply 15
We are assessed through coursework and exams. The content is almost identical. The workload is larger.

In which if any of the exams remain, the exact same will apply to you guys. This is not about workload, you guys chose a BTEC course. It's funny how when something unfavorable happens, you guys all want the same treatment that everyone gets and more as long as it benefits you.
Are you complaining because you can still carry on your education relatively normally and don't get a several month 'summer holiday'?
I agree OP and what about current Y12 (and year 10's who have only started GCSEs this year) will they get some special consideration next year? (even if it just means lowering grade boundaries) as they will have to have to self-teach themselves a lot of the content and despite this still have to sit their exams next year. Ffs you guys (A-level and GCSE 2020 students) get 6-7 months off and my autistic self (will not use my autism as an excuse I just need to get of my backside and work) has to spend 6-7 months teaching myself content and probably have to come during in summer holidays to do PAGs cause I do Physics and Chemistry! oh well
Reply 18
Original post by Xarao
In which if any of the exams remain, the exact same will apply to you guys. This is not about workload, you guys chose a BTEC course. It's funny how when something unfavorable happens, you guys all want the same treatment that everyone gets and more as long as it benefits you.

I chose to be tested thoroughly but periodically to avoid the stress that I experienced during GCSEs. I didn't choose to learn from a 5 slide powerpoint and be tested with no support during a global pandemic while everyone else gets to chill out for over half a year. And yeah, no **** we want the same treatment. I really don't see your point.
Reply 19
Original post by Xarao

you're a clown

its called a pandemic

we both do the same thing, we're both the same age, we both have stress.

what the **** do you not understand?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending