The Student Room Group

What's happening with Year 12's?

Scroll to see replies

bump
Our school have told us just to "revise" everything. wtf? they will be giving us some work, but they say the main emphasis is just to revise.

Just read today that coronavirus social distancing will last for at least most of the year, so further school closures could happen.

I'm most worried about next years exams. We will have lost over 4 months of learning.

They should cancel next year's exams too, but doubt this will happen. would be better if they jsut remove the content we will have missed. we go back into y13, learn as much as we can, etc
Original post by Ferrograd
Our school have told us just to "revise" everything. wtf? they will be giving us some work, but they say the main emphasis is just to revise.

Just read today that coronavirus social distancing will last for at least most of the year, so further school closures could happen.

I'm most worried about next years exams. We will have lost over 4 months of learning.

They should cancel next year's exams too, but doubt this will happen. would be better if they jsut remove the content we will have missed. we go back into y13, learn as much as we can, etc

agree 100% with you, my teacher also said just to do the work and finish this years work. and just revise. like i dont get the point any more. they should cancel next year exams as well to sort everything out.
Maybe they should take some content out of the course because of the school will have missed

Also what will happen with corse work will they change deadlines?
Original post by Amazing Melon
Maybe they should take some content out of the course because of the school will have missed

Also what will happen with corse work will they change deadlines?

am also doing a coursework course, and the teacher told us to stick with them. as the exam board might ask for them
i know it sounds irresponsible but i was one of the few who didn't completely take mocks seriously because i tend to get burnt out by the extreme amounts of revision i do when i take exams seriously, so now i'm left with a U and two Cs from the mocks and at this point i feel like i'm not going anywhere with these predicted grades lmfaooooouchooooo
Original post by bellions
i know it sounds irresponsible but i was one of the few who didn't completely take mocks seriously because i tend to get burnt out by the extreme amounts of revision i do when i take exams seriously, so now i'm left with a U and two Cs from the mocks and at this point i feel like i'm not going anywhere with these predicted grades lmfaooooouchooooo

oof

idk how that's going to work out :/
what i'm worried about is the ucat testing dates for those who want to persue a medical career. what will happen to the ucat tests?
Coursework like usual is my guess bit mocks for yr 13 who knows?
Original post by Ginger_J
Coursework like usual is my guess bit mocks for yr 13 who knows?

Not every subject does coursework though - in fact, few do nowadays, - and it's not the most accurate representation of grades, right?
Original post by annedike22
what i'm worried about is the ucat testing dates for those who want to persue a medical career. what will happen to the ucat tests?

Exactly! If this isn't planned right this could all be a disaster, especially for medics. We can only wait...
What about those who do an AS. I have Financial Studies AS that was due in May. I have no predicted grades for it. What will happen and what do I do?
I’m not sure if your questions has been answered, but my college is having us do our mocks in late September but I think it’s going to be on the material we would’ve done up to Easter rather than all of Y12 was we would’ve done our mocks in April. I’m not sure about predicteds, especially as I’m going to apply for Oxford and their applications close in October so my predicteds may not be finalised.
Original post by sm0009
We have our internal mocks this June to decide UCAS predictions, however with the cancellation of all formal exams, coupled with the increasingly likely possibility we won’t return to school this academic year, how is this going to work in terms of A- Level predicted grades for Year 12?

Does anyone have any personal ideas/ what they’ve heard from school or other people?

It’s unbelievably stressful - I can’t begin to imagine what the Year 13’s are going through.

Stay strong and safe everyone.

Same here. Mock exams are also really good practice. The most accurate way to determine where we're at.
Original post by Ashstudent1
I’m not sure if your questions has been answered, but my college is having us do our mocks in late September but I think it’s going to be on the material we would’ve done up to Easter rather than all of Y12 was we would’ve done our mocks in April. I’m not sure about predicteds, especially as I’m going to apply for Oxford and their applications close in October so my predicteds may not be finalised.

I'm assuming Oxbridge deadlines, admissions exams, interviews etc will have to be pushed back 3/4 weeks?
Original post by thatman100
predicted grades or they make us do our mocks in august/september.

September/October might be an alright time to do them. Would be similar to how my year 11 was structured with mocks in October and February.
Why’s nobody talking about ucat exams????! And work experience how’s this all meant to happen
Why’s nobody talking about ucat exams for this year??! What’s the plans for this and also availability of work experience
I'm retaking my maths GCSE for the third time (i suck at it) and my maths tutors at college are hopeless and lost my papers, and i couldn't do one because of my work experience placement and they've also introduced a written exam in my course which was new this year and we haven't done any mocks on it soooo i'm screwed haha
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sm0009
We have our internal mocks this June to decide UCAS predictions, however with the cancellation of all formal exams, coupled with the increasingly likely possibility we won’t return to school this academic year, how is this going to work in terms of A- Level predicted grades for Year 12?

Does anyone have any personal ideas/ what they’ve heard from school or other people?

It’s unbelievably stressful - I can’t begin to imagine what the Year 13’s are going through.

Stay strong and safe everyone.

I feel the same way, absolutely bricking it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest